Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Users Photo Gallery

Subaru Impreza Forum

LPG professional fitted - photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Nov 2014, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

LPG professional fitted - photos

Photos of a BRC LPG system professional fitted to a MY99 Turbo 2000, including Flashlube electronically controlled which is injected at the same time as the LPG (not drip feed through the top of the manifold). The two bad things about BRC is its hard to get hold of the software because BRC only want LPGA installers to use it and the software does not record data, its live only. System was fitted and mapped by James at Bewick Autogas in Blaydon. There is very little difference in performance between petrol and LPG when already moving but from stationary that is when you notice there is less torque. Its currently mapped to switch to petrol at 4000rpm and switch back to LPG when the revs drop below that limit.

Flashlube bottle

Injector rails bolted to manifold, LPG fuel filter between dipstick and oil cap.

LPG ECU

LPG nozzle attachment (it is not attached to the bumper)

Flashlube warning LED and original location of switch

Relocated LPG switch (I got permission to do it so it would not invalidate the warranty). I used a 55mm castor cup from B&Q drilled a hole in it then super glued it into the back of the pod holder then used a 55mm alloy wheel centre cap sticker on the front to hide the mess the glue made and fitted the switch.

LPG tank in spare wheel well, its the size of a full wheel and holds approx 36 litres that's including 20% for gas expansion.