Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning

Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/index.php)
-   Technical General (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Idle problem (http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60951)

type r_v-limited 28 Feb 2009 06:24 AM

Idle problem
 
Hi Guyz

My type r version 4 is idling funny at the moment, at start up it will idle like it should and then once warmed up it idles up and down and sumtimes looks like it will stall. Any help will be much appreciated. oh btw i bought a new maf a month ago and it still does it. :confused:

rikimaru 28 Feb 2009 09:47 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
If you've changed MAF then could be Idle Control Valve.

Also, do you by any chance have an aftermarket BOV? Read thread on here before where an HKS BOV was the source the idling issue.

2002pete 28 Feb 2009 10:21 AM

Hi.



Link:Cleaning And Reattaching The IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) - NASIOC


Also have a look at the air-filter it could be clogged.

type r_v-limited 28 Feb 2009 10:42 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
yes rikamaru i have a baileys bov and pete is the iacv located under the intercooler? thanks for your replys.

2002pete 28 Feb 2009 11:05 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by type r_v-limited (Post 307878)
pete is the iacv located under the intercooler? thanks for your replys.

Yes, in front of the intercooler.

stiimpreza1984 01 Mar 2009 01:49 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
If you fitted the Maf sensor then id clean the iacv then failing that did this problem just happen after baileys bov?

type r_v-limited 02 Mar 2009 08:21 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Hi Guyz, i had the intercooler off yesterday and couldnt find the idle control valve, basically its probaly coz i dont know how it looks like. lol. does anyone have a picture of it so i can locate it?

2002pete 02 Mar 2009 08:25 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by type r_v-limited (Post 308174)
Hi Guyz, i had the intercooler off yesterday and couldnt find the idle control valve, basically its probaly coz i dont know how it looks like. lol. does anyone have a picture of it so i can locate it?


http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/...-diagrams.html

type r_v-limited 02 Mar 2009 08:30 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Thanks for your kwick reply, so do u have to take the intercooler off or can you just leave it on? is it the one which has ABC printed on top?

2002pete 02 Mar 2009 08:39 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by type r_v-limited (Post 308177)
Thanks for your kwick reply, so do u have to take the intercooler off or can you just leave it on? is it the one which has ABC printed on top?

http://www.subaru-impreza.org/forum/...iagrams-56.jpg

Obscure 03 May 2010 07:24 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Hi All
Could the Idle air control valve give you a boost leak? Mine has an air hose that goes back to the intake near the MAF (not MAP), I have really low boost atm but the suspect thing is that I can blow through this air hose from near the MAF all the way into the intake manifold. I would have said this would give me a boost leak however if I disconnect the air hose whilst running the car dies and if I disconnect it with the car turned off and block both hoses it won't start.
Cheers.

stiimpreza1984 03 May 2010 11:43 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obscure (Post 371942)
Hi All
Could the Idle air control valve give you a boost leak? Mine has an air hose that goes back to the intake near the MAF (not MAP), I have really low boost atm but the suspect thing is that I can blow through this air hose from near the MAF all the way into the intake manifold. I would have said this would give me a boost leak however if I disconnect the air hose whilst running the car dies and if I disconnect it with the car turned off and block both hoses it won't start.
Cheers.

A pic of that hose would be great if you could take one it would explain it a bit better;)

Obscure 04 May 2010 02:11 PM

Re: Idle problem
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
Sorry about the late reply, I got stuck between work and the family. Photo attached. thanks for you help
Jade

stiimpreza1984 05 May 2010 12:30 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
That pipe you marked their are no holes or slits in the rubber hoses is their?

stiimpreza1984 05 May 2010 12:34 AM

Re: Idle problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by type r_v-limited (Post 307878)
yes rikamaru i have a baileys bov and pete is the iacv located under the intercooler? thanks for your replys.

Could you stick on the standard original dump valve as heard some people had issues with the baileys and it might be your problem:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177