Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Tracker paperwork?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Feb 2007, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Tracker paperwork?

Hello again - after selling my WRX last year, I've just invested in an STI with PPP on a 53 plate and am lovin it !!! Black with 18" Prodrive graphite alloys - it looks the business !!

Trouble is black doesn't look good for long especially whent he roads are wet.

I'll polish it up at the weekend fnarr fnarr and get some pictures on.

Quick question for you though - Should I have received any paperwork on the Tracker installed? The garage I bought it from hasn't provided any?

Cheers and nice to be back

G-Smog
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2007, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Congrats on the new buy

Personally would have thought, if its an after market tracker, you might have to find out where it was fitted and get a copy that way for insurance purposes..
If it was fitted at a Subaru garage, I would have guessed, it should be given with all the history with the car??
Old 27 Feb 2007, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Agree with Phill, paperwork should be with the history from previous owner......

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 27 Feb 2007, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
As with mine, if I ever sold it, there would even be the damn petrol repecits for how much I've put in!!

Not to mention the mod's and when oil was changed etc...
Old 27 Feb 2007, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cheers Gents,

There is an A5 size bit of paper which is double sided and has some type of specification on about radio frequencies blah blah blah, but nothing that identifies it as being for the tracker.

With it being a Type UK STI I thought they came with Trackers fitted as standard? Are they RAC Trackstars? Does anyone have the number for them I pressume they would have the vehicle reg and VIN number on record on a database?

Sorry to be a pain but obviously this affects my insurance and the more I have to cough up for that the less I have to spend on my new motor !!

Cheers

G-Smog
Old 27 Feb 2007, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

If it is a Type UK then they were fitted as standard with a Tracker so the dealer should be able to help.

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 27 Feb 2007, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Just to hijack your post, roughly how much would I be looking at spending, on a supply and fit Tracker/TrackStar etc?
Old 28 Feb 2007, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to speed demoness
mine is fitted with one also.. but hasn't worked for a while now.
I got all the numbers transferred so that when the alarm went off.. it would send a text to my mobile with co ordinates telling me where the car was.
I could also text messages to my car if it was stolen.. ie to immobilise.. or to reduce the speed limit etc.. but these don't work either now !
it's a meta sat if anyone has any ideas?
Old 28 Feb 2007, 01:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orville View Post
Just to hijack your post, roughly how much would I be looking at spending, on a supply and fit Tracker/TrackStar etc?

i had one fitted to my first scoob (two years ago now) which was around the 300 ish mark (ic 1st year subscription) prob gona up a bit form that now though
Old 28 Feb 2007, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

My insurance told me it would be a waste of time me having one as it wouldnt save me hardly anything on the insurance

Must be where I live!!
Old 28 Feb 2007, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Mine said it'd save about £250 off mine... Must be where I live!!
Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

No idea mate, was told it wouldnt be much less than £50 or so a year in savings?? Considering a decent tracker is at least £300 or more, I'd have to keep it 6 years just to get back the money on the tracker alone!!

I'll ask again when I get my insurance re-newal...
Old 27 Jul 2007, 11:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Smog View Post
Cheers Gents,

There is an A5 size bit of paper which is double sided and has some type of specification on about radio frequencies blah blah blah, but nothing that identifies it as being for the tracker.

With it being a Type UK STI I thought they came with Trackers fitted as standard? Are they RAC Trackstars? Does anyone have the number for them I pressume they would have the vehicle reg and VIN number on record on a database?

Sorry to be a pain but obviously this affects my insurance and the more I have to cough up for that the less I have to spend on my new motor !!

Cheers

G-Smog

My 2003 (53 plate) WXR STI Type UK had a RAC Trackstar fitted as standard when I bought it brand new. I never had any paperwork for it until last year when I contacted Trackstar and they sent me a certificate of installation. Other than that the only communication that I'd had from Trackstar was the request to pay the annual subscription. Fat lot of good it's been as they broke into the house and stole the keys and drove off- that was 6 weeks ago & still no car. Am I impressed? NO!