Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru-Impreza.org > Newbies - Say Hello Here

Subaru Impreza Forum

Hatchback roof rack mounting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2016, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question Hatchback roof rack mounting

I'm looking to buy a used Impreza hatchback. My main concern was always to have roof rails. I used to have a large list of for-sale cars that had them, but now that it's getting closer to cold weather there are no longer any Impreza's with a rack listed in my area.

Now I must entertain the thought of a bare roof Impreza, and buy aftermarket crossbars. My question is: Are there fixed mounting points on a bare roof to install crossbar mounts? I've seen pictures of them that appear to be so, e.g. no need to buy the ones that clamp onto the door frames, but I haven't been able to find the information anywhere.

I just want to know if I'd have to buy the door clamps or "permanent" (so to speak) mounts. There are websites that give exact models of complete crossbar setups and they appear to not be door clamps.
Offline   Reply With Quote