Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

Mate of mines trucks kept me a bit busy today lol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2010, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Mate of mines trucks kept me a bit busy today lol

Started doin me mates truck earlier(though actually tidied alloys on it up a fortnight ago)Today ive just got the cab t-cut then polish with carauba wax over that an just polished all the red skirts wings bumper etc,bumper care on the black plastics an used alot more tyre dressing than im used to pmsl

Took probably longer than i thought however remember im doin this just by hand no polisher,would have liked to have got sealant an wax on but it`l have to wait till next time the weathers better prob be next saturday or saturday after,this is johns own truck but he`s still currently driving for someone else where he`s over in an around italy every wk so saturdays his only real free day for me to pop round.

Theres still bits to buy for the truck/other bits to tidy up an he`s got some chrome/lights etc etc coming so that should be interesting,but for a y plate its starting to look tidy at least.

Will update when i go round next-watch this space..................

Lol never let it be said im not versatile. know its in car care but theres no truck care section

Were a pain with the steps though doin the top/front etc ground were uneven so had to keep leveling em with blocks of wood/bricks................john had already warned me where theres blame theres definately no claims

Turned out ok in the end started at around half 10 this morning an had about 30 mins break at dinner then worked through to about half 5 tonight.

Chemical guys wet mirror finish/Sonus sfx4/collinite 915 to follow in next few wk.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Re: Mate of mines trucks kept me a bit busy today lol

Dave, you still fixated with polish mate....

Truck looks good, now ya just need to tell him he can not use it on rainy days.... Cos you ain't doing it again

Any paint left on your Scooby or have you bought another one ??

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2010, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

just like stuff to look the best it can.......you know me-doesnt matter what it is

Still got me blue classic though its sorn at the mo,when tax were up thought i`d give it a few month whilst i sort some stuff out give it a good service etc,just changed gear/rear diff oil yesterday did fuel filter/engine oil/filter other wk, had cam belt bk end of last yr, changed alternator belt a couple of wk ago-gonna get a new maf (this ones been on ages)needs a new battery, a new set of plugs an the scoop respraying(laquers flaking off)an we`re pretty much good to go.
Undersealing again soon but will probably be bk out before i start that-im waiting for some warmer weather for that.

Shine wise you know me-got a couple of coats of wet mirror finish on last wk-couple of coats of wax going on this coming wk then wk after a bit of sealant followed by 1 coat of pinnacle xmt180 wax-will post a few pics maybe but prob wont look any different to how it normally does.

Last edited by uk dave; 28 Mar 2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Dave, you are a certifiable nutter. I'm aching like a good 'un after going over my car once with the polish, dread to think what polishing that cab must be like. Looks fantastic though, and as usual your work does you credit.

Now, when you got time to get down south to do mine for me?
Old 28 Mar 2010, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Its more patience than anything wayne an youve just gotta get on with it-to be fair i could have turned round to john an said right thats it done an he`d probably be ok with that as he were pretty happy with it as it is,but i know ive got products that`l make it shine more so for me isnt finished-hence going round again in the next few wk.

Just want it to look mint for when he starts on his own with it.

Only other time i`ll do it probably is if it gets good enough for shows(but thats a long way off)
Old 29 Mar 2010, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Lot of time and efford went into that Dave Id say you must have good patience for that, love the Scania trucks even against the Volvos, just look nicer and nice job aswell
Old 29 Mar 2010, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You must have a neck like Ram-man with all that rubbing Dave.

when you said truck I though you meant pick-up, not an actual truck !
Old 30 Mar 2010, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Well done Dave - you're still an inspiration to us all.
Old 30 Mar 2010, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Im not looking fwd to doing it when johns done with it though-he`s got alot of chrome planned used about 5 tubes of autosol on the wheels the other wk as it were.

P.s. that peek chrome polish is crap john had bought some (cost him about 15 were a large tin)crap crap crap-stick to autosol.