Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

Fiesta Turbo To bring back to life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2010, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Fiesta Turbo To bring back to life

A Mate of mine an lee (with the series 1 RST) has got a white std fiesta Turbo thats paintwork needs bringin back to life-Hopefully(as he`s let us down before)next wkend we should be creating the reincarnation

Paintwork is very flat/dull even and as white goes not as bright as it should be so me an lee`s got it(all bein well)for 5 or 6hrs next saturday to sort it out for him,Hopefully if we`re not let down pics to follow.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Re: Fiesta Turbo To bring back to life

Go Dave Go!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait longer to see how you guys bring to life an old piece of metal
You think you will use new products?
Weather is improving a bit?
Old 24 Jan 2010, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Another new project to look at
Old 29 Jan 2010, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Think im gonna try that new einszett stuff ive got definately max-depending on time an what the car looks like after each stage probably be looking at claying/T-Cut/einszett polish (new Stuff)/einszett finishing polish/Maybe chemical guys wet mirror finish/Then either blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection(sealant)or sonus sfx4/Finished off with i "think"not 100% yet Meguiars cheap hi tech yellow wax (about 11 tub)seemed to finish the gloss off well over sonus sfx4 the last time i used it on mine.

Tyres-Valetpro high gloss tyre dressing

Trim-Autoglym rubber cleaner plus/followed with bumper care-rubber cleaner plus is just to clean the rubber/plastic, bumper care`s more of a conditioner to keep it dark a bit longer but always needs cleaning first.

Once bumper care gel`s been applied leave it fairly sticky a while before lightly buffing off(dont rub too hard or it`l all come back off lol)

Wheels i just use autoglym clean wheels or wonderwheels wheel cleaner then after if theres time just go bk over wheels with einszett metallic polishwax makes em easier to wash next time.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

True to form day didnt start well for me an lee,bloke who`s car we were doin(a mate)were supposed to meet us in a pub car park local to lee`s as he didnt know where he lived at 10am 10.20am still nobody there no txt phonecall nothing txt him received nothing bk rang an went to answerphone-great!!

About 5mins later gets a txt saying he`s on his way..... 11 oclock he turns up so we`ve already lost an hour of "dry" daylight(after about 3 in afternoon outside youre struggling as car starts to get damp an polish an wax is a no no)so that hr we`d lost meant something would have to go so as it happened had to leave glaze(chemical guys wet mirror finish)and the megs wax after for some other time.

In all honesty we kinda started the job in a bad mood as sometimes ya think theres no helpin some folk.
So anyway ended up using T-cut/einszett High gloss polish/einszett Final finish then blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection (sealant).

Both einszett products can be found here (top 2)einszett Car Care Products | Body Shop Products

Anyway onto the pics-in all honesty me an lee werent thrilled with the finish as we know the glaze/wax would have made a greater difference-just time and weather were against us oh and it were fcuking cold, got out in my car this morning to go to lees an temp were still -1, when i got to lees were +1, warmed up slightly when sun were on us but with the cool breeze(understatement) felt about -10 later on when we were in the shade !!

There are times i think me an lee are mad

First 2 pics are as it arrived

How it ended up.

Only good thing really about today were the fact it only took us 4.5hrs including washing it.........oh an the fact amy(lee`s missus)came back with KFC at dinner bless her.

Last edited by uk dave; 30 Jan 2010 at 07:31 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2010, 01:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

You may not be happy with that finish Dave, but that is still a pretty impressive turn around from where I'm sitting. Looked very flat in the first pics. That einszett stuff seems to get great finishes on light coloured cars.

Shame he couldn't have pulled his finger out and been on time hey.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 09:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

The einszett final finishing polish were pretty good on my scooby wayne to be fair,the high gloss polish ive not used on it yet as i werent sure till i`d used it on something how much of a cut it gave an didnt want to strip the scoobs shine back too far,but after using it to release the T-cut yesterday(me usual trick rub t-cut in hard to the whole car then go straight over with a polish then buff off as the t-cut comes off easier and isnt streaky within the paint like t-cutting can sometimes go if trying to buff the t-cut itself)Found it pretty good.

Next for me will be(when the weathers better)both the high gloss einszett and final finish followed with chemical guys wet mirror finish then sonus sfx4-hopefully should look ok on the scooby.

Next time we do the fiesta turbo above will probably start with a finishing polish(these are really fine cut almost cleansers)Know that sounds wrong but if a cars washed regularly and theres a good sealant/wax on it so long as the paint itself doesnt need claying "in my opinion"its pointless stripping the shine thats been built up-better adding to it,so would just use finishing polish/glaze/sealant or wax or both(or maybe a couple of coats of sealant to increase shine further)

Even if there were tar marks on the bottom of doors would just use tar remover then finishing polish then above process sometimes there`s no need to make it a whole weekend job.

Last edited by uk dave; 01 Feb 2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 31 Jan 2010, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Stunning pictures!!!! That Fiesta Turbo brought me back of 15 years!!!!
Interesting also the color, white is becoming stilish again and seems the car just pulled out from the local dealer........I can't wait to go back home and re start the eisenzett treatment on my scooby......wonderful Dave, thank you for the pictures!!!!
Old 01 Feb 2010, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Great turn around Dave from what way it was to where it is now might not be impressed by it but way better than what you started off with v nice, cant see one bit of rust on it for a white car was it sprayed seening your mates into the cars? or still the factory paint?
Old 01 Feb 2010, 08:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

sounds like you had a crappy day but the RS does look nice, even if you didn't get the finish you wanted.
Old 01 Feb 2010, 07:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Rear quarter passenger side is the worst part of the car,its been filled round the filler cap but is noticeable and the quarters a darker shade of white-generally its in good condition but there is a couple of places the paints bubbled up but it is 20yr old so ya can expect a bit-he`ll be getting it sprayed at some point as he`s not happy with the bodywork.

i`ll get ya some pics of another mates mk2 xr2 with a zetec in it as thats very clean.
Old 01 Feb 2010, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-WRX-Import View Post
sounds like you had a crappy day but the RS does look nice, even if you didn't get the finish you wanted.
me an lee had a laff but yer werent the best start to the day.
Old 01 Feb 2010, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Looks really really good dave. As said above - white seems to have made a come back and it must be difficult get it looking as good as you have. You're an inspiration to us all. Bring on the warmer weather.!!
Old 04 Feb 2010, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Yer an quick ive got a scooby to do lol i havent done it yet this yr,when your doin cars an its really cold outside you`ve just gotta say look im gonna get cold possibly end up colded up and maybe i`lll feel crap towards the end... once you`ve accepted that just take your time an make a good job of it.

Slave to reflection me