Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Car Care - Make your car sparkle

Subaru Impreza Forum

Happy New Year!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jan 2010, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year to All of You.......Crazyest detailing scooby fanatics.:-)

ps: Dave where are you? We are missing your post!!!!

max
Old 06 Jan 2010, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: Happy New Year!!!!

Cheers max, im still about but really at the mo its just not the weather over here for polishing etc its freezing most of the day at the mo-havent washed either car for over a month now and havent done any of my mates cars either,dont worry though later in year i`ll be back.

Will be getting a polisher at some point aswell(famous last words)just having a bit of a clear out of waxes an stuff i dont use-will be able to sell em amongst my mates i reckon im just sick of seein some of them.

Other stuff ive ran out of,got 2 other einszett products 1 i`ve tried the other i havent-when all this snow/frost has gone will be giving mine a proper polish with this new stuff to see what its like.

belated happy new yr to you max.
Old 08 Jan 2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Great to hear from you again Dave. Looking forward to your posts in the coming months.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2010, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave

I got the spacestar washed today but the scooby`s still filthy-feels like ive betrayed a friend pmsl

Will sort it later in week though,by rights id usually go over the scoobs with some citrus pre-wash then pressure wash it off before going over with a bucket and sponge and rinsing off with a hose(too much pressure washing blasts your wax-hence shine off)so i tend not to use pressure washers unless kinda forced by salt etc on my car.

Just use the citrus pre-wash in my normal cheap 30 pressure washer from argos, its just got a bottle that fits on the lance for soap-bang it in that at the desired dilution-plaster car with it then just pressure wash off-its just like a traffic film remover come light degreaser, i only use it at this time of year,it only gets the loose stuff off and obviously pressure washer blasts any other loose grit etc away.
Just safer if you wash ya car with a sponge at this time of yr so youre not dragging grit/salt all over your car.

Didnt bother with the spacestar as it were trying to snow when i washed it-neighbours think(well know)im mad.