Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Ecutek performance query

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Ecutek performance query

Guys,

Can anyone give realistic BHP performance after an Ecutek remap on my MY02 STi ??

I'd prefer to keep my standard Sti exhaust so it'll just be the remap alone

Cheers

Russ
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

hi stiruss - cant answer this for you but did you see?

http://www.ecutek.com/tuning/

There are some pretty serious stats over there :shock:
Old 15 Apr 2005, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Cheers for that, never thought of checking their site !!

Still can't find any quoted figures... unless im blind !

:shock:
Old 27 Nov 2005, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

bhp figure?

I have the same car and had a map with exhaust with panel filter and got 330bhp.Would think you are looking at around 290bhp
Old 28 Nov 2005, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Welcome m8 - I've had an Ecutec done on my 2001Bugeye WRX by Power Engineering and I have about 295bhp with the exhaust done (with sports cat!) so I would expect 300 or there abouts on yours - give Ian a call he may know t: 01895 255699 their in Uxbridge and can't recommend them high enough - although I'm not sure where you are - good luck and let us know how you get on 8)
Old 30 Nov 2005, 08:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

cheers guys,

Im just in th process of buying a new backbox and centre pipe now so Im hoping I'd be creeping towards the 300 mark with a remap.. how much is it usually ?

Russ
Old 01 Dec 2005, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

The Ecutec 2 cost me about £700 at Power for the original program and subsequent remapping (couple of hours) and every reflash (when you had further mods for example) its another £125 or so - well worth it - do have a look at Powers T75 exhaust system with sports cat - it works well and NO mot nightmares - Power are in Uxbridge and there is Andy Forrest :bow: (respect) who is nr Glasgow - so your right in the middle - I'm sure theres someone nr you!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Interesting read guys.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via AIM to marklemac
get yourself up to Powerstation and get Rich to map you up.

Although, without changing the zorst you won't get much of a gain.

To get 300bhp you'll need an exhaust system (with or without cat), TEK3 remap. Also for safety get a fuel pump.

Powerstation have transformed my MY02 STI into 382bhp/360lbs.

A lot of mods mind you
Old 16 Feb 2006, 01:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

BHP performance after an Ecutek remap

I did exactly this on my UK MY02 STi. When I got it I liked the handling, but couldn't believe how peaky the power delivery was.

I gave it to Merve at Power Engineering for the day to see what he could get out of it. I wanted no physical mods other than a free flow filter.

I've still got the power plot - it shows the revised peak power at 292bhp at 6013 rpm, 277 lb/ft torque. Boost was upped to 1.3 bar. I've had the car from new and never had any problems with this setup.

The car still feels peaky compared to the latest scoobs, but overall there was a serious improvement and I'd recommend it.

I can post a scan of the power plot if anyone is curious.
Old 16 Feb 2006, 09:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I was chuffed with my rolling road with my Type R... Nothing has been re-mapped and my exhaust (cat back system) isnt really doing anything much until it is re-mapped...

Hoping for 320BHP and when I get my new turbo and FMIC, I'm aiming for 340BHP and hopefully more torque... Anything more I'm not so bothered about but its a bonus...
Old 17 Feb 2006, 11:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy
The Ecutec 2 cost me about £700 at Power for the original program and subsequent remapping (couple of hours) and every reflash (when you had further mods for example) its another £125 or so - well worth it - do have a look at Powers T75 exhaust system with sports cat - it works well and NO mot nightmares - Power are in Uxbridge and there is Andy Forrest :bow: (respect) who is nr Glasgow - so your right in the middle - I'm sure theres someone nr you!
I have got a full De-Cat system on my 2004 WRX (UK Spec). I am hoping to get a Eutec fitted to mine. I think that I will get it done at Power in Uxbridge as I have heard that they are very good and its only half hour from me. I am not sure what "re-flash" is though? Also, my car is standard apart from the full de-cat system (going to be a pain at the first MOT!) and was wondering what sort of BHP to expect after the Ecutec and a panel airfilter is fitted and having the full de-cat system????

Any ideas would be grately apreciated.
Old 17 Feb 2006, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill-type-R
I was chuffed with my rolling road with my Type R... Nothing has been re-mapped and my exhaust (cat back system) isnt really doing anything much until it is re-mapped...

Hoping for 320BHP and when I get my new turbo and FMIC, I'm aiming for 340BHP and hopefully more torque... Anything more I'm not so bothered about but its a bonus...

What do you do about Fuel mate with the octane issues?

Old 17 Feb 2006, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Funny you should mention fuel. I read the post about re-setting the ECU. I remember the lady who I brought the car off of telling me that sometimes she had run the car on normal unleaded. After having the de-cat exhaust fitted and the lady running it on normal unleaded, I thought that I would re-set the ECU as I am curious to see if it makes any noticeable difference. It is a coincidence that I am resetting it overnight tonight. I am not sure which superleaded to put in it as I have noticed that the octane level varys between each super unleaded. I have seen 97 and 98 octanes but today noticed that my local Tesco's is 99 octane. What sort of fuel do you guys recommend? Do you think that it is better to go for the Tesco's 99 octane or something like Optimax or does it not really matter?

Thanks for you help in advance
Old 17 Feb 2006, 06:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

There is a test on fuel in Banzai (March issue)

Tesco 99Ron did not fair as good as Ultimate but by far the best was Optimax.
Optimax was worth 10BHP over Ultimate and 24BHP over Tesco and 35BHP over Super Unleaded. This was done on a test bed Cosworth YB Engine Running 512bhp on Super UnLeaded and 547 BHP on Optimax.

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk