Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

right boys new one for ya just ordored piper cross induction

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 2005, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

right boys new one for ya just ordored piper cross induction

just ordered piper cross induction kit,ok,when its fitted guys do i need to do any thing,
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Mar 2005, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
got a green induction kit on mine mate my/00 never needed to change owt been on 18mths with no probs had maf checked last wk as precaution,thought summat werent quite right, turned out to be knackered lambda sensor.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave
got a green induction kit on mine mate my/00 never needed to change owt been on 18mths with no probs had maf checked last wk as precaution,thought summat werent quite right, turned out to be knackered lamda sensor.

Good to hear that someone has an induction kit for a MY00 that doesn't screw the MAF!

Dave, how do you find the performance and noise of the Green kit? I've been thinking about the green panel filter as I've had MAF probs with induction kits before. But if you can recommend the Green induction kit, I may give it a go. 8)

Cheers,

Mickey.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

it is noticable though only really at higher revs,wanted an induction kit because

A)do believe they make a difference tho not really till higher revs

B)theyre cheaper than bmc cda airboxes or viper type ones that would have been my 2nd choice

c)was actually after the induction noise to compliment the afterburner lol

took it off to clean it actually before it went in for a service and it were spotlessly clean inside the filter tho i know the oil films an issue-however thats why i chose green and not k+n, green are only very slightly oiled and basically same if not slightly bigger filter.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Were also told the other wk by olly at roger clark motorsport that induction kits do respond well to remaps so thats good enough for me, because one is definately on the cards for either late this yr or early nxt(depends when i can stretch to a front mount as i am sort of on a budget)
Old 31 Mar 2005, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

just a quick reply lads my00 ate mafs when i had induction kit,when i had her remapped tried induction kit and o/e airbox and the results were much better with o/e airbox managed 275bhp and 270 torque on a uk car.would not ever go back to a induction kit more trouble than they are worth
Old 31 Mar 2005, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
Would recommend carrying out an ecu reset after fitting.

Buzz
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

would recommend not fitting one
reset can only do so much lads its not the holy grail to scooby power :wink:
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
I agree with that, but it just gets the car settled quicker to the new mod thats all.

Buzz
Old 31 Mar 2005, 10:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I'm with you on this one Holyfield However its each to their own and the OEM airbox is good for 300+BHP apparently.

Just gotta be sure to check the MAF ( May be worth fitting an AFR just to be sure) and doing an ECU reset as Buzz as suggested
Old 01 Apr 2005, 12:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfield
just a quick reply lads my00 ate mafs when i had induction kit,when i had her remapped tried induction kit and o/e airbox and the results were much better with o/e airbox managed 275bhp and 270 torque on a uk car.would not ever go back to a induction kit more trouble than they are worth
only goin on my experience with them not saying its the definative answer for everyone to buy induction kits, just saying done 14k miles over about 18mths and had no trouble- mafs go regardless, i know got 5or6 mates with classics,we know the score, ones got engine out now for a rebuild.