Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Help with tunning..UK wagon with a STi V4 engine.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2010, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Help with tunning..UK wagon with a STi V4 engine.

Hello
Bit new to all this and any help would be great.

On buying new parts for my UK version 98 Impreza Turbo 2000 awd face lift model sodís law they donít fit. On closer inspection of all the paper work when the engine was replaced in 05 it was replaced with a STI V4 which had been rebuilt by API Engines. Iím trying to get as much info as possible so when I buy the parts, I get all the right ones.lol

I want to keep the engine bay looking clean and pretty much standard layout. I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade the intercooler with a V3 or v4 STi alloy intercooler instead of the standard one. What options are open to me and seem to work best.

As it is a UK model will the ECU need to be replaced so it can be tuned. Plus I think from what I have read it is in the passenger foot well.

So far I have replaced cat back exhaust and have a green filter element to fit. I also have a re- circulating dump valve to replace the original. I have a HKS Turbo timer just waiting for the harness.

Other MODS Iím looking at are radiator heat deflector and bigger bonnet vents to help with cooling.

I will slowly keep tuning but need to get these few things right first.
I also have a set of second hand 17Ē Speedline wheels which Iím running at the moment with 215/45 they do rub every now and again over bumps etc. What can I do to cure this or is it the fact my springs might be a bit tired and need replacing. I do wish to replace them any way but donít want to lower the car if possible; 25to30mm is ok but no more. Also the tyres are now getting low on treed and would it be better to change the size to 215/40 etc. I still have the originals 16Ē wheels which are in fantastic condition is better to go back to these.

One last thing where is a good place to get parts for originals bits or MOD bits.
Thatís enough for now thank you for any help sorry to have gone on. Iím off work at the moment and this might just keep me sane.

Thanks for reading and any input would be great.

H
Offline   Reply With Quote