Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

boost problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Feb 2010, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

boost problems

I hope someone can help me, had my import scoob for 3 years, when accelerating slowly upto about 3000rpm in 4th gear and then decide to nail it i nearly get thrown through the windscreen, then once it starts boosting again, and you get to about 95mph it starts to miss and loose boost again, but these are only intermitant problems, i have decat pipe, apexi filter, new dump valve, front mount and just changed the ecu from a z4 to a v7 with a chip in to see if that would cure it, but no better if not slightly worse, hope someone can help
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2010, 01:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: boost problems

When did this issue start? Looking at your list of mods, have you had a re-map for them? I'm guessing not since you have gone the quick and easy (and dangerous) route of just switching the ECU. If not then that will almost certainly be the source of your problem and a re-map is advised asap.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hi thanks for your reply, it was doing it when i first got the car, so took it and got it mapped but still didnt cure it, the only mods since then is the front mount, and just put the chipped ecu in, it is booked in again to get mapped on saturday so we will see what happens then
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

With mods like front mount added you def need re-map. Never try booting it untill its done.
Old 15 Feb 2010, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

ok mate cheers
Old 16 Feb 2010, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hi mate im new to this, but i had same prob this week i have a 94 wrx with same mods, i couldnt boost past 0.5 bar, i change turbo replaced split pipes, ecu still no diff, so i replaced idle control sensor and housing, boosts up2 1 bar now, might not be same solution but worth info.