Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Broken Nipple On Resonator Box!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Jan 2010, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby
Paid & Proud

Angry Broken Nipple On Resonator Box!

Great start to the year, Last night when I was driving my 95 impreza import home I noticed the heaters were not warming up at all. I looked at the temp level and it was on half like normal. Little bit later it started going up over the half way mark and wasnt stopping. So I pulled in and clouds of smoke poured out from under the bonnett, I lifted the bonnett to see if I could see where it was coming from and I seemed to be from under the resonator box/dump value area. Next minute, I have a small river coming from what seems to be the back of the engine

Anyway I got her home and topped her up with water, run her and the temp stayed under half and the heater where boiling and the dripping stoppped. I just went to have a look and the water in the tank had gone down but not a lot

Here is my first problem though, today when we removed the resonator box air box to try and make abit more room to work, but i noticed that i have broke something.
Its a small nipple that goes into what i think is the resonator at one end and what i think is the boost solinoid it is attached to the suspension turret at the other.

Can this be left open to air or does it have a more important roll and needs to be re-attached to the box??

Or is there something else I can do to sort this problem?

Any help is appreciated as yet again i will be stuck here at work untill i can get this sorted as I need to drive her up onto the ramps to have a look underneath.

Thanks Claire
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2010, 01:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Broken Nipple On Resonator Box!

A Pic would be great Claire give us better understanding to it