Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Kuwano Direct power system

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Dec 2004, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Kuwano Direct power system

One of my mates is mailing me all this weird performance stuff that he's found in Japan that's where my previous post about the power neo originated from. He's over there for the next 2 months any by the sounds of things i'm going to get bombarded with mails.

another thing he's found is this power system. theres a few different versions and you can choose from a power system that increases torque or power or both.

prices start at £95 upto £230 but anyway this is an extract from the mail he sent..

The purpose is to significantly reduce the reverse current generated at the time of electrical current circulation of a car, and to reduce electrical losses.

Although electricity flows from plus (+) to minus (-) fundamentally, the electrical current goes contrary to the electrical flow when a car is equipped with electronic auto parts. This is called reversed electrical current. A car battery supplies electricity to the alternator, and the engine drives the alternator to re-generate electricity while electricity is supplied. The electricity generated at this time tends to flow back to the car battery. This returning electricity is called reversed current, and will interfere with the current supplied from the car battery which will result in a loss of electrical current. The equipment which reduces this electrical interference then pulls out original power and uses the amount of electrical power which is existing now that there is no loss possible. Then this power performance is brought close to 100%. It is the ignition frequency generated from the engine, and whose undamped natural frequency which this product uses with great effect, an is made to circulate through electricity efficiently.

This DPS module v1 improves street driving, and is very effective among the lower torque RPM range (around 3000 RPM). Recommended for Turbo or Wagon car models with manual transmission (M/T).

This DPS module v2 improves high speed driving, and very effective among high torque range (around 5000 RPM).

however there is a specific one for the scoob which is the £95 one.

What do you tech guys think... I’m no electrician

Will
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2004, 02:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Yeah seen these on STIRacing's site........ This probably works the same as the earthing kits... I.e. giving a cleaner electrical signal hence improved performance from the ECU etc....

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 31 Dec 2004, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

heres a pic of this one too.

whats that site you refer to.. i fancy a look, it's got my attension this one.!

Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1062_2.jpg (53.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 31 Dec 2004, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

STI Racing
Simon who runs it comes on here....
I got a HKS SSQV from him and saved £95 on UK prices

http://www.stiracing.com/

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk