Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

112mph limiter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2009, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to woodo
112mph limiter

i have now finished the engine work on my impreza and finally, finally it is ready for some track use. the only problem im now having is that the car is limited to 112mph, its a 98 wrx import. someone told me it was a cable speedo and after buying the part it wasnt a cable but electric now my question is how do you delimit it with it been electrical, it looks like the dash hasnt been touched before so guessing it came into uk allready reading in mph, looked at speed sensor and there isnt one of them speed convertor chips on it, really stuck as cant seem to find answer anywhere
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2009, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: 112mph limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodo View Post
i have now finished the engine work on my impreza and finally, finally it is ready for some track use. the only problem im now having is that the car is limited to 112mph, its a 98 wrx import. someone told me it was a cable speedo and after buying the part it wasnt a cable but electric now my question is how do you delimit it with it been electrical, it looks like the dash hasnt been touched before so guessing it came into uk allready reading in mph, looked at speed sensor and there isnt one of them speed convertor chips on it, really stuck as cant seem to find answer anywhere
"The version 1-3 Imprezas are limited by the speedo dial/needle itself. You can change this with a mechanical delimiter inserted in the speedo cable which in effect allows the needle to travel further, or a complete relacement 280kmph speedo dial from STi Japan.

The version 4-6 are done with an electrical interupter which modifies the pulses sent to the speedo head. In both cases it is the fuel supply that is cut by the ECU when the 112 limit is reached."

You can buy the electrical de-limiter here;

Milsport
Old 25 Oct 2009, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

The version 4-6 are done with an electrical interupter which modifies the pulses sent to the speedo head. In both cases it is the fuel supply that is cut by the ECU when the 112 limit is reached."

You can buy the electrical de-limiter here;

Milsport[/QUOTE]

with mine already being in mph will it still be ok?
Old 25 Oct 2009, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodo View Post
with mine already being in mph will it still be ok?
Not too sure tbh. Mail Ralph at Milsport, he'll let you know. He's also a regular on Type-RA.co.uk - Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, Impreza WRX STi Type RA, Impreza Type RA V Limited, Scooby V. Ltd, visit the WRX forum & Subaru forum so you can contact him there too.
Old 26 Oct 2009, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

thanks mate, hes a very helpful guy.
Old 27 Oct 2009, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

I had my scooby remapped and was told the Apexi ecu would remove the limiter but it hasn't guess I'll need to still get one of these speedo cable things