Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

its me again...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2009, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to woodo
its me again...

hi, i must really be getting on your nerves now with all my new threads.
ive just took my strut brace off to clean and respray it and when i unbolted it i snapped one of the bolts on the strut mount, i was just wondering were i can get one, it a 98 wrx import or can you just change the bolts. and the most important bit is, can i do it easily i never touched suspension but am fairly hands on.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: its me again...

Should be able to get one from a breakers(top mount)think the studs are welded in-if ya ask bugeye bob(brett) on here he`s still got contact details of a guy who breaks scoobys at boston-went with him other wk to fetch a bugeye bootlid with sti spoiler an from the stuff i`d seen there reckon he`d definately be able to help ya out.

Thats if theres no breakers closer to ya mate.

By the way struts same as any other can take off complete by undoing the 3 top bolts then 2 where strut mounts to hub carrier-not sure what wrx`s are like with the brake pipe where it goes through bracket on strut/or just mounts to it-on mine cut a slot in the bracket to slide brake pipe out(theyre clipped behind bracket anyway)

Once off need spring compressors on first then undo main centre nut on strut ,remove and replace top mount nut bk on spring compressors off an ya ready to fit bk on car-is easy trust me-just cut the bracket on mine coz i werent bleeding the brakes each time i messed with suspension(have to seperate brake hose otherwise)

Last edited by uk dave; 06 Oct 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote