Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Very confused!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Aug 2009, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Very confused!

On friday the scoob started shuddering and stalling whenever the revs were high enough for the turbo to kick in. Was quite worried so I got a few people (with limited scoob knowledge) to have a look at it although couldn't see anything obviously wrong. The check engine light was on so I was hesitant to drive it until it could be resolved at the hands of a proper mechanic.

I came to the conclusion that something somewhere must be blocked...

So I carefully drove it to work today although the first thing I noticed is the check engine light wasn't on anymore. I slowly increased the power expecting it to shudder but alas everything was absolutely fine!

Has it self healed? I'm still going to get it checked out but I'm very confused as I haven't riven it for a couple of days since I noticed a problem....

Any ideas?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Very confused!

How to read ECU codes Classic Impreza read the codes and here a list of them and see what will come upScoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / Subaru Specific Trouble Code Definitions