Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

abs light on / speedo fault

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via AIM to SCOOBYDEUX
abs light on / speedo fault

A couple of days a go I had to brake hard and a moment later my ABS light came on. I parked the car in the drive for a couple of days and I was on holiday from work today so I took it a wee test drive. The brakes seem to be working fine but the light is still on, but now my speedo keeps dropping to zero when i'm doing about 20. It seems to be when I slow down at a roundabout or junction I slow to about 5 mph then it drops to 0 and doesn't go back up til I'm doing about 25 mph. Any idea what the fault could be? Are the 2 faults connected?

Oh great now my reversing sensors, reversing lights and my electric windows have gone too!

Last edited by SCOOBYDEUX; 21 Aug 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: abs light on / speedo fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOBYDEUX View Post
A couple of days a go I had to brake hard and a moment later my ABS light came on. I parked the car in the drive for a couple of days and I was on holiday from work today so I took it a wee test drive. The brakes seem to be working fine but the light is still on, but now my speedo keeps dropping to zero when i'm doing about 20. It seems to be when I slow down at a roundabout or junction I slow to about 5 mph then it drops to 0 and doesn't go back up til I'm doing about 25 mph. Any idea what the fault could be? Are the 2 faults connected?

Oh great now my reversing sensors, reversing lights and my electric windows have gone too!
must be a ghost in that car its a faulty wheel sensor bud id say but get it hooked up through your data link connector your mechanic will find the fault with it as your Abs computer on your car stores a DTC (Dianostic Trouble Code) you can do this manually in some cars to by bridging wires just like to read your Ecu for trouble codes and count the flashes from the light in your dash but didnt need to do it yet in mine as I dont have ABS hope it helps
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via AIM to SCOOBYDEUX

Got it booked into Subaru on Wednesday, not driving it til then. Will you know how I get on.
Old 21 Aug 2009, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOBYDEUX View Post
Got it booked into Subaru on Wednesday, not driving it til then. Will you know how I get on.
Only somthing small wouldnt be worrying
Old 26 Aug 2009, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

How did you get on ? nothing as simple as a fuse i supose?