Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Blokced Breather/Boost Hoses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2009, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Blokced Breather/Boost Hoses

I have noticed today on my newly bought 2000 Turbo that there a couple of T peices with small hoses coming off that have been blocked up with screws. Never something Subaru do I believe lol!

It looks as though the 2 little blocked pieces would have originally been 2 T pieces linked together originally but I need to check before I attach them.

1 of the blocked pipes is between the actuator and boost control, the other run close to it, it seems to be some sort of breather than goes to a box that sits just below the boost sensor and comes from just after the MAF on the air intake

Basically should I connect the 2 T pieces together as Im guessing it should have originally been? Also why would they have been blocked in the first place? Could it have been something to do with the Forge Vent to Air dump valve I have just removed today.

Thanks Robb
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2009, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Blokced Breather/Boost Hoses

Maybe last owner was trying to hook up a boost gauge and trying to get a feed off the vacuum pipes once the car running ok now and not overboosting and it boosting at normal pressure Id leave well alone as with previous owners its hard to see what their intentions were and what they done hope it helps but to tidy it up and if as I said it running perfect would take T-pieces off the pipes looks horrible and join the pipes with a straight extension adaptor each pipe.......... the way the pipes look now they look ok but thats once I say again car running perfect

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 14 Aug 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote