Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Header

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2009, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Header

Hi wonder can anyone advise, I've bought a new Header and up pipe. IT is equil length twin pipe all the way round and yhe up pipe has two pipes into one just before it joins the turbo. The up pipe has a location for exshaut temp sensor.
However there is no provision for the 02 sensor in the manifold. Because its two pipes each side into two all the way to the turbo, where is the sensor to be located?. Will high enough temperature be acertained if I put location point in one pipe,? Hope you can make sence of this Cheers Bob,
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2009, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: Header

hi mate wot car is it going on to. classics didnt have this sensor i think but newage did. if newage i think u may have to drill an make something for it to bolt to or buy a system that has this whole already
Old 14 Jul 2009, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: Header

Hope your not wright about having to buy a new un. Just bought this un 160 spondulies, it's for 2005 new age but the worry is that in a twin pipe the temp is only going to be from two cylinders if I tap one pipe. I have read somwhere that the temp has to be about 350 c for the 02 sensor to work. Ever wish your'd not started somut. Bob.

Last edited by Bjusty2; 14 Jul 2009 at 11:36 PM.