Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Banging from NS front wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to whitevanman
Banging from NS front wheel

like i've said before only had my car about a month......just recently i've got a banging from NS front wheel...it does not go when under braking so i dont think it's anything on the brake side of things...
i'm not really a mechanic but someone has said to me it might be the front drop link.....also i've noticed when driving on un-even ground i feel the knocking of course but it feels like it moving around alot....not holding the road to well....might this be down to skinny 40 profile tyres....i dont know you see....i'm used to driving my merc sprinter van all day which i can drive over anything and i just get use to how that feels on the road.....but the scooby feels light sometimes on front end....and braking it pulls to the left......god knows......any advice anyone....

cheers
wayne
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Banging from NS front wheel

tbh i'd get a garage to jack the car up and have a good look round see what they find
Old 28 Jun 2009, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Banging from NS front wheel

As Tidgy said^^^^^^^^^^^^^ could be a range of things anti roll bar bushes/ links, top mounts...............