Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Suspension probs on a uk 95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2004, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Suspension probs on a uk 95

Hi,

I've got a Series McRae 1995, mechanically the same as any other UK 95 impreza turbo.

I've been having some problems with my suspension that has worsened over the past 3 weeks. To start with the suspension just felt really wobbly, but recently I've experienced bangs to rear passenger wheel area whilst going round a roundabout, went to overtake a van on the motorway, so gave it a bit of gas and the whole left side of the car pitched down and then sort of wobbled back up :? felt very weird. Had or should say tried to have some fun on the windies after the photoshoot the other day, but it was very hard to keep the car on the road. Suggestions that could be the problem have been top mounts, anti roll bars and mounts, bushes and four wheel alignment.

I've just had the car serviced at Subaru and asked them to take a look and they said that nothing is wrong with the suspension but did recommend wheel alignment.

So if anyone can provide any help (or any suggestions on where to go in the west london / middlesex / surrey areas) please do.

Many thanks,
Spanky.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Spanky this is just a thought only... Is it deffinatly the suspension knocking - is their any physical damage? As i thought the suspension was knocking on my 1999 but it turned out to be the spring clip in the calipers had broken causing a knock effect (only occasionally at at certain speeds / bends)... :shock:

???
Offline   Reply With Quote