Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

wheels and suspension query.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2009, 09:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

wheels and suspension query.

hi guys,maybe silly questions but hopefully logical answers. when ive got the car jacked up and try to turn the wheels they dont spin freely (resistance). also some grinding from the c.v joints at the diffs when doing this. as this is my first awd is this normal due to the system or do i need to change all c.v joints? second question. driving slowly (parking) i heard creaking/knocking from n/s/f. car jacked up turned steering wheel back and forth and noticed the top strut mount turning and the spring going pop as it tensions up and then goes pop releasing the energy all joints/springs etc seem ok so i backed off the top strut mount nut a thread and creaking/knocking stopped does this seem right? cheers.
Offline   Reply With Quote