Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Replacing window regulator meaning breaking the window??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Replacing window regulator meaning breaking the window??

Hi there, I have a question and you might be able to help me. I own a 2008 Subaru Outback Impreza and currently having problem with my rear window (the window goes up very slowly). I took my car to the Subaru dealer and they told me that the window regulator has to be replaced and said that it's a common problem with Subaru (expecially the Outback). The strange part is that they also told me that in order for them to replace the regulator, the glass will need to be broken too as they said it's attached to the regulator. This information sounds very strange to me. I hate to replace my window as it's been tinted. Does anybody know if I have been given the right information??

Thank you much for your help...
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2009, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Replacing window regulator meaning breaking the window??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutella View Post
Hi there, I have a question and you might be able to help me. I own a 2008 Subaru Outback Impreza and currently having problem with my rear window (the window goes up very slowly). I took my car to the Subaru dealer and they told me that the window regulator has to be replaced and said that it's a common problem with Subaru (expecially the Outback). The strange part is that they also told me that in order for them to replace the regulator, the glass will need to be broken too as they said it's attached to the regulator. This information sounds very strange to me. I hate to replace my window as it's been tinted. Does anybody know if I have been given the right information??

Thank you much for your help...
Why its going slow fella is that it needs to be lubricated you know where the window slides up in down what you do spray WD40 down the rubbers on sides of door where the glass slides up in down spray top of it with wd40 do the both sides WD40 will run down glass slide then and speed it up should be perfect then done this to even sticking windows and nearly always sorts it regulators are fairly tough but do break aswell done loads of them and thats funny that you have to smash the glass I done about 20 regulators and never had to smash glass just threw out a regulator if I had a pic Id show ya glass slots into end of like an arm and either epoxy is used to hole glass in place or held in with plastic and gripped by screws on plastic and as I said the glass dont need to be smashed try the wd40 first and if that dont work new regulator then or second hand but dont be replacing your window it dont need to be smashed download a manual if you do need the regulator and DIY........... thats if the wd40 dont work here you goDownload PDF Subaru | PDFTown.com

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 30 Apr 2009 at 09:27 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote