Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

mix of parts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2009, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Question mix of parts?

Hi, i have a V4 STi which has, possibly, the wrong engine, turbo, BOV and related parts. It is demaged and getting replaced buy a warrented base unit from SMR. The problem i have is the parts that i swap over my not be STi parts. So, here's what i have; Yellow injectors, spray paintd intake manif, Baily piston bov, (told was incorrect by AWD in Scotland), TD04L turbo instead of VF24. I am only assuming the rest of the ancills are same as WRX. I think i have a WRX engine and a uk spec turbo..... Its my 1st impreza. I know i have the wrong turbo, its the othere stuff i'm unsure of, injectors, intake manif, orange labled air metering unit, BOV and all ancills (water/oil pump, alt, etc).
Any help and advice would be hugely welcome
Thanks. J
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2009, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Re: mix of parts?

as said before its not the wrong turbo....

the BOV, again isn't incorrect, just is aftermarket as the standard isn't vent to atmosphere.

It sounds like someone has been "modding" the car before you.

What engine is going into it?
Old 14 Apr 2009, 09:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

hey mate dunno bout ur engine, i DO know tho, not to buy anything from smr, or mdkl, or prestige partz or mr engine. they are all pretty much the same company!! (bar mr. engine but he uses these so called 'smr' units too) more trouble than they're worth!! just type in mdkl into a internet search an see al the forum links that come up!! its not good i've got trading standards onto him now, after even my bank gave up trying to chase him for money he owes me!!
Old 14 Apr 2009, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Again thanks, I'm wanting to put an original STi V4 engine back in it, as thats what the car is. What do you think about the yellow injectors? are they right for the car? Any advice you have would be really appreciated. J
Old 14 Apr 2009, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

WOW, thanks Eddie. I've heard the same thing from someone in another forum! the original engine i bought the car with had an SMR engine, Its the one that is now needing a replacement lol! Thanks again for your help m8. J
Old 15 Apr 2009, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

imported sti has yellow injectors
Old 15 Apr 2009, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thank you all, for the help, no doubt i'll be askin for it again at some point lol. J
Old 15 Apr 2009, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

DO NOT USE SMR ENGINES!!!! saythey have everything done but probably buy a chimp,you have to do own cambelt and get mechanic to fit it otherwise warranty is void my mechanic wouldn' accept it when it turnt up, said this just after a few check and a glance over, rebuild everytime