Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

blown exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2009, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

blown exhaust

hi people i have a blown exhaust downpipe or a i have a leakage from where the turbo fixes. just a simple question. does any1 know how hard it is to remove the exhaust system an also remove the turbo an also will i need new gaskets? thanks peeps
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: blown exhaust

Its pretty tough doing it on a 2post lift in a garage to get at wouldnt even dream of it on just putting car on axle stands to be honest but if you up for a challenge why not god loves a tryer some of them exhaust bolts and studs will more than likely have to be heated to get them off cause they be heat seized or you could soak bolts in wd40 or penetrating fluid and hope they open bolts, speaking from some years in the trade and for a perfect job ya I would replace gaskets to

Last edited by stiimpreza1984; 06 Jan 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2009, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: blown exhaust

Downpipe to turbo gasket Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Subaru Impreza Downpipe Gasket

Downpipe to centre section gasket Impreza Turbo 1993-2000 Classic : Subaru Impreza O Ring , Cone or Olive Gasket

Worse parts getting the heatshields off underneath, though there seemed to be more on mine than me mates, the downpipe ive found were relatively easy-never had any trouble undoing from turbo(luckily)

Have had a another mate do one up on axle stands but ive got access to a couple of mates`s 2 post ramps-definately made it easier.

Never had a turbo off so cant say on that one.