Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Pulling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2008, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via MSN to glyne
Pulling

Hi Guys,

I have 2008 impreza sti i am up for the first service that will be done on monday. Can you guys recommend and oil and let it be known i leave in the caribbean the average temp is say 80 degrees F. Also i notice that when driving and would release the steering wheel the car would pull to the left, can you tell me what may cause this?. The car is still under warranty but i also want to know wht may cause this if its not solve.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2008, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Pulling

Hey mate!

For oil recommendations I would say going for a fully synthetic oil is a must. Personally i use Motul and it comes highly recommended by many Impreza drivers. Other popular oils are oils by Syloklene and Millers. I used to use Mobil 1 in my old WRX with no issues. Would probably go for a 10W 40 or even 15W 50 considering where you live. I use 15w 50 in the summer here when temps are well over 30 every day.

As for pulling to the left, i would think it is probably the wheel alignment. get it checked and see if you can get it sorted under warranty.
Old 30 Nov 2008, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Id agree with Wayne their aswell
Old 05 Dec 2008, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

yup as our man from japan says

also on the oil issue we've got a very helpfull company on here under the name 'oilman' sure they can advise on oil for hotter climates or if normal spec oil will do
Old 05 Dec 2008, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Send a message via MSN to glyne

Thanks again gentlemen the aligment was i but off and also tire pressure on the left was down a bit. Thnaks that really help and as for the oil i have taken the recommendations. One more question. Do you guys have a website that you can recommend that sell 2008 stock wheels i need to purchase just one wheel. Thanks in advance.