Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Garage to trust??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2008, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Garage to trust??

Hi, need my rocker gaskets replaced and was wonderinh if anyone can suggest a good garage in south wales???
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2008, 04:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Garage to trust??

C V C (Cardiff)
Hadfield House,
Hadfield Road,
Cardiff.

Tiley Bristol Ltd
Vale Lane,
Hartcliffe Way,
Bristal.

Old 24 Nov 2008, 05:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks again pete, only u who knows everything in here????

Dont suppose u'd have any idea what im likely to be shelling out for it?
Old 24 Nov 2008, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Dont suppose u'd have any idea what im likely to be shelling out for it?
Sorry! I have no idea.

Old 25 Nov 2008, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Got a quote from a bosh garage, they seemed to know what they were on about and was recomended by a friend who has a 450bh nissan 200 which they work on. They quoted 3 hours work minimum for both sides which worked out at 150, plus parts....think this is good!! Any ideas?

The guy in the garage put it up on ramp. He said he wouldn't bother doing it as there's only "a tiny damp patch there".........would have thought it was quite important to get sorted, I get some smoke from the bay after I give some stick!!
Old 29 Dec 2008, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Rallyline

Sorry, but have to disagree with Tiley's of Bristol being a garage to trust.

I used to get my P1 serviced there and over the course of about 2 years spent a small fortune with them.

When it went in for a service on one occasion, I was having a problem with my central locking. When I pressed the button on the key fob you could hear the actuator working, but the drivers door would not lock. So the only way to lock it was with the key.

I asked Kelly (Service desk) to get them to look at it and she told me that things like this cost a lot sometimes. I asked her to let me know what they found before going ahead with any repairs.

When I came back to get the car (and part with several hundred pounds again) she told me that they had looked at it but couldn't find anything. I thought a little strange that they couldn't even find out what the problem was, but took the car away and continued to be annoyed by it.

A couple of weeks later, armed with a screwdriver and little knowledge, I decided to investigate myself. I worked out eventually how to get the door card off and it immediately became apparent that no one had ever 'looked' at anything behind it because the plastic was completely intact and showing no signs of being tampered with. I peeled this back and discovered that a screw in the linkage had simply come loose. It took me a few seconds to sort it out 9with the same screwdriver), but left me with a sour taste in my mouth with regards to Tiley Subaru.

It was obvious that either Kelly had lied to me or the mechanic had lied to her and I thought this serious enough to go to the trouble of writing to the dealer principal. Despite thinking that as I had been a decent customer, I would get some sort of reply/apology I was to be sadly mistaken.

I got no response whatsoever.

Considering the money that I had spent there, I think that is pretty sad and I voted with my feet and haven't been back there since as well as telling everyone I know about my experience with them.

I have been using KTA Motor Group in Chippenham ever since and despite being a smaller dealership they have been fine.