Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

60 k Service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Nov 2008, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

60 k Service

I have taken my car to the local scooby garage and they have quoted me 543 for the 60,000 miles service (this does not include changing the timing belt and alternator belt which they want an extra 300 for (450 if the tensioner is required). This seems like a lot of money and having checked a maintenance schedule i can see the following things are replaced on a 60 k service.

- Engine Oil
- Engine Oil Filter
- Coolant
- Fuel Filter
- Air Filter
- Spark Plugs + Filters
- Transmission Oil
- Brake Fluid

My mate is a mechanic so i think i will just get him to do it cos it will literally save me hundreds.
Can you recommend certain parts / brands for the above as i will need to get these parts and dont know any decent makes etc.

Many thanks
Lee
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Nov 2008, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: 60 k Service

Best thing to do get your friend to do it for engine oil use a fully syntetic 5w 30 i use a genuine oil filter, genuine coolant, denso irridium plugs they last longer than platnuim plugs and give a bit extra pep, i use Ferodo dot 4 brake fluid, genuine gearbox oil but motul suppose to be better iam a mechanic myself and my sti v6 ra runs great with these
Offline   Reply With Quote