Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

93 wrx import hand brake adjust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Nov 2008, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

93 wrx import hand brake adjust

does anyone know how to adjust the hand brake on a 93 wrx import?
i had a quick look under the car and couldn't find anything.
the wheel bolt on the back n/s it can be pushed into the hub, don't know why but i need to get it welded. it must have went into the hub while i was driving down a cobble street (slowly thank god) and the wheel locked up. being a one way busy street i had to keep driving it. it did finaly let go, but now the hand brake lever has to point almost straight up before it will hold.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2008, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Re: 93 wrx import hand brake adjust

Would errr be tempted to whip the rear disc off before ya go any further mate as if the studs pushed bk in through there its where ya handbrake shoes/adjusters are-i wouldnt want to be driving around not knowing what mess its caused in there and when the wheels gonna lock up again.

On classics theres a small rectangular rubber bung that pushes through the backplate where the handbrake adjuster is(if its still there that is)just lever that out with a flat screwdriver/pliers(they`re sometimes tight)Using a torch and the screwdriver can flick a toothed wheel round to adjust the shoes on the inside of the disc/drum.

My moneys on it being messy as it sounds like the handbrake adjusters let go completely at best-with it locking up could be worse.Wouldnt have done ya rear diff any favours either im guessing.

Last edited by uk dave; 09 Nov 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote