Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Speedo stopped working......help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2008, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Angry Speedo stopped working......help please

Hi all, am after some advice please!

Was driving along dual carriage way a couple of day's ago when i glanced down at the speedo to notice it had stopped working. Ideal i thought to myself, stick my road angel in car for speedo and keep the mileage down lol. Just b4 i turned off the dual carriage way i gave it a fair bit of stick passed several cars and turned off..........

The next time i planted it ( about 30secs later lol ) i found the rev limiter had shifted from 7 and a bit to 4.5k and my engine management light was on!

I'm assuming this is related to the speedo going tits? I have disconnected the kmh to mph converter and put speedo cable back together but still no speedo and car still won't rev?
Car run's, drives and boosts fine......all the way to 4.5k!
Any suggestions as to where to check next gratefully received!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2008, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Speedo stopped working......help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwheelboy View Post

Was driving along dual carriage way a couple of day's ago when i glanced down at the speedo to notice it had stopped working. Ideal i thought to myself, stick my road angel in car for speedo and keep the mileage down lol. Just b4 i turned off the dual carriage way i gave it a fair bit of stick passed several cars and turned off..........

The next time i planted it ( about 30secs later lol ) i found the rev limiter had shifted from 7 and a bit to 4.5k and my engine management light was on!

I'm assuming this is related to the speedo going tits? I have disconnected the kmh to mph converter and put speedo cable back together but still no speedo and car still won't rev?
Is all the wires connected in back of intrument panel speedo wires and all that, if it aint that id check wires going into vehicle speed sensor on gearbox if that ok could be the faulty vehicle speed sensor .......................
Old 15 Oct 2008, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiimpreza1984 View Post
Is all the wires connected in back of intrument panel speedo wires and all that, if it aint that id check wires going into vehicle speed sensor on gearbox if that ok could be the faulty vehicle speed sensor .......................

Nice work mate, will do that next. Have got a day off on friday so will get the clock's out and have a butcher's.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Nice work mate, will do that next. Have got a day off on friday so will get the clock's out and have a butcher's.

Hopefully that be your problem
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

hello m8 is it all working now? if so what was the problem ?
Old 26 Oct 2008, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Mornin' mate, that scooby looks familiar
Old 07 Feb 2011, 08:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Quote:

Hi i have the same problem i cannot get my speed to work but if yours is working disconnct the battery for 10 minuates this will reset the ecu and that should be it.

kevin