Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Boost solenoid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2008, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Exclamation Boost solenoid

Me once again, this is the last hopefully!, i've cleaned out my boost solenoid with carb cleaner but have notice that when you slightly raise the revs from under the hood the solenoid ticks on off fast and continuously, i was wondering if this is actually normal as it seems like an odd thing to do?, thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2008, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Re: Boost solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxywigs View Post
Me once again, this is the last hopefully!, i've cleaned out my boost solenoid with carb cleaner but have notice that when you slightly raise the revs from under the hood the solenoid ticks on off fast and continuously, i was wondering if this is actually normal as it seems like an odd thing to do?, thanks
When engine idles normal it does tick tick so when you rev, as engine revs faster would say the boost solenoid would tick faster................
Old 14 Oct 2008, 05:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hmmmm my solenoid doesn't tick during engine idle?????????, is this normal then or is it time to replace it?
Old 14 Oct 2008, 08:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
Hmmmm my solenoid doesn't tick during engine idle?????????, is this normal then or is it time to replace it?
Well some say here that it should tick mine dont either and i have plenty of boost and car runs and pulls fine it a sti v6 RA maybe it dont tick in some models...................
Old 15 Oct 2008, 09:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

that makes me feel bit better then least i'm not alone, thought i may have probs as i also get the hard learchin during heavy acceleration, think i'll continue to clean it out then probably well gunked up with oil?, thanks
Old 15 Oct 2008, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Quote:
that makes me feel bit better then least i'm not alone, thought i may have probs as i also get the hard learchin during heavy acceleration, think i'll continue to clean it out then probably well gunked up with oil?, thanks
No prob glad to help have a look at my post in subaru discussions sect 2nd page ''cleaned boost solenoid''..................