Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

problems with selecting reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2008, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Question problems with selecting reverse

Just wondering if many of you suffer problems in selecting reverse!!!! Sometimes it goes in first time then other times I have to release the clutch then try again, or select 1st then try it,it can be very notchy and very annoying, mines an 04WRX but I have already had 5th gear and the syncro replaced about 6 weeks ago. So I'm starting to get paranoid about it. But I'm sure it's always done it but just seems to be worse now or maybe I'm just more aware of it now because of whats happened. The only thing that makes me not worry to much is that my last impreza done it that was an 02 but don't think it was as bad as this one.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2008, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Theyre all the same especially when cold mate, bet neighbours across the road wonder whats goin off sometimes they must see my reversing lights on an off about 4 times before i back out drive

Castrol syntrax/driveline made mine slightly better when cold and alot better when warm on all gears-gear oil type makes the world of difference.

Last edited by uk dave; 24 Mar 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Cheers mate makes me feel better knowing that i'm not alone, any idea why they do it? And and ya do feel kinda silly when when you cant get it gear especially when you trying to do a quick manouver in a car park and people are waiting for you to get out of there way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24 Mar 2008, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Im guessing crap design ive had a few cars an never had it with anything else ive owned-few things about scoobys that either piss you off or give them character..............depends on which way you look at it
Old 25 Mar 2008, 01:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

reverse is not synchronized

thus, sometimes you will have to double clutch to get the car into R

Jamie
Old 25 Mar 2008, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Gives it character... or builds character ????? one of the two! I'm not sure yet but to be honest I love impreza's so can live with it...... You can't have everything??????? And now I know no syncro in reverse it seems to make sense I think I will stop worrying and put that 5th gear drama out of my head thank for the help lads
cheers