Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

CEL light after remap pls help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Feb 2008, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

CEL light after remap pls help

HI Guys

Had a remap done at powerstation on thursday to tune up after the following mods.
Kakumei 3" system with 3" race cat downpipe
Tracktive Gt spec Headers and uppipe
Andy Forrest TD05/06-20G turbo set to 1.35bar
APS DR75 FMIC
Aeromotive fuel reg set to 3.2bar
K+N Typhoon intake, sits in wing
Tek 3 remap
running 379.6bhp 420.4nm torque
Came away on thursday, cars was fine, drove yesterday car was fine. However today at 6000rpm on full throttle my engine check came up. I'm able to check this on my secs monitor and it p0103 which is maf high input. The thing is after I turn the car off my cel stays on but the fault code becomes historic and not current. If I clear the fault and try the same it comes up again 3rd gear full throttle 5-6000rpm. I've tried taking out the maf and cleaning it with carb cleaner but to no effect same time same place full throttle 6000rpm but only in third???
Any input guys before I get on the blower to powerstation on monday, if its something simple i'd rather just do it myself.

Thanks from ross

Managed to get a mate to come out with me this morning to gather a bit more info on this one.
CEL light comes on at 6800rpm in either 3rd and 4th, not enough road to test 5th and 6th but you get the idea. Managed to get the rpm by setting the shift light.
Car is still pulling very well, however its using a lot more fuel no matter how you drive it, I know scoobs use fuel but I was running 341bhp before this remap and I dont expect my fuel consuption to have doubled for 40bhp more. Dont think its the intake as the intakes been on the car 6 months and my atmospheric bov has been on a year with no problems.
The car also goes to stall when pulling up in traffic but manages to pick up the idle revs just before it stalls. While its idling I disconnected the maf and the car cut out completely so it would seem that the maf isn't faulty. Its also not willing to fire up on a cold start, engine turns for a good 5-6 seconds and starts roughly before the revs pick up
Any ideas guys
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2008, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Considering this has only happened since the remap. I would say it is the map, get it back to powerstation, sure it will just be a tweak required.

or
At worst a new MAF.

379 very nice

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 17 Feb 2008, 07:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks Pete, will post a reply with the result.