Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Rpm Counter Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Jan 2008, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Rpm Counter Question

hi guys, just a quick question, my engine light came on so went to subaru, they plugged it in and a misfire on 1 and 3 cyl was detected but they couldnt find a problem, anyway touch wood its been ok since but ive noticed since then that sometimes say when im at 3/4000 rpm in 2nd or 3rd nice and steady driving go to change up a gear the revs seem to stick for a split second at say 3k or even rise up a tiny bit for a split second?????? any ideas..cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2008, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to Anders52
That symptom is usually called flare and can be caused by a variety of things from a worn out track on the throttle sensor to a duff spark plug.

When mine was doing that it turned out to be a bad coilpack but unless someone backs me up that could be 1-100 its that.

Im sure someone will come along and help you better than i can m8.
Old 04 Jan 2008, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

cheers pal, coil pack/spark plugs would make sense as ive had my engine light on twice in a month with a misfire on 1 and 3 first time it was a loose wire on coilpack, second time subaru couldnt find anything... been ok for a while but just noticed this rpm thing....?? cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote