Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

tech advise on dealer select monitor out come

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

tech advise on dealer select monitor out come

hi again just an update on the terzo.
went into subaru today and after 2.3 hrs labour at 65 yes 65 per hr this is what i have.

first of all here are the read outs of the main sensors (as they wrote it)

engine temp sensor /correct/80c - 95c/ actual/90c - 98c/ ?
iscv/ correct/20% - 50%/ actual/36% - 56% /?
0xygen sensor/correct 0v - 1.0v actual/0.50v - 0.82v/ ok
injection pulse/correct/ 2.8 +/- 0.7ms /actual/1.79ms - 2.05ms /?
maf/correct/ 0.9 +/- 0.3v/actual/ 1.08v 1.18v /?
correct 1.7 - 4.2g/s /actual/2.74g/s /?

ther were also faults on the abs which were cleared and had not come back after test run, i wonder if they were caused when i changed the discs, pads and fluid 2 weeks ago. never mentioned this to them but they said maybe abs ecu on way out?

as for the readings above what do you think? the "tech" said maf was the obvious but others dont look that good to me either. the one thats marked ok doesn't look right to m either i thought it should range from o-1v up and down not just 0.5-1.0v ?maf does seem on the right track though given the symptoms but why are all the others out of range? any ideas please, any subaru techs out there how can make anything off these. cheers rich.

sorry for the layout of the readings but when i saved the layout it changed and was very confusing so had to layout different, sorry.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2007, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

MAF is defo shot.. others could be down to bad earthing......

Try an earthing kit and new MAF.

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 21 Aug 2007, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

thanks pete all symptoms point to maf so looks like i will be shelling out yet again 270 i think seems no matter how much you spend on these cars and how much you mother them, they still always want more. had this one 6 months and spent over 2000 on non performance repairs ie: clutch, oil leaks, breaks ect ect. after all this might have to sell as second child on the way and cant afford second car especially an impreza just would like to get to the bottom of this anoying problem before i sell it. someone's gona get a bargain after all my hard work and money. never mind thats life, might get another one day but might go for a newer one next time. thanks again and i will still try and get this sorted if for no more than to just get that grin factor back for a while.
"please no tears" thanks again to all this site is better than any of the others i have tried, regards rich