Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

subaru model ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
st1
Fresh Scooby

subaru model ??

i am new to subaru ownership and have a 1998 uk impreza turbo. it was registered in october 98. does this have the ecu which is quite hard to remap/tune. it says gc8 on model plate.doesnt have a angled i/c. steel expansion tank. 2 pot brakes solid rear discs. many thanks. dave
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

sorry to say mate yes, my98 can't be mapped and i think they can't be piggybacked either so you'll need to replace whole ecu system
Old 13 Sep 2006, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
st1
Fresh Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidgy
sorry to say mate yes, my98 can't be mapped and i think they can't be piggybacked either so you'll need to replace whole ecu system
thanks for the reply. i see your in the midlands where do you recommend on gettin the subaru maintained. as i have always had fords as i am ford tech. the subaru has full history and i wanted to continue. also cambelt was done at 44k its now done 69k shall i replace it soon.
Old 13 Sep 2006, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

i use scoobyclinic at chesterfield mate, top place, bit hard to find if you don't know where to go lol, but as said top place
Old 14 Sep 2006, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Would recommend zen performance at northampton also,myself, phil type r and mr freeze(owns a 22b) all use zen dont get me wrong scoobyclinics ok and only up the road from me its just that pauls own demo car sells his skills for me even before he`s touched mine and rarely at events has any problems.
http://zenperformance.co.uk/ (Also highly respected amongst other tuners)

Though to be honest roger clark motorsports about the nearest to you at leicester mate top top top place but more expensive than paul at zen-though do take mine there for servicing.(if you havent seen roger clark motorsports own car out-u need to)
http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.u...trancehome.asp
Old 16 Sep 2006, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
Zen Performance do do a great job They are miles away from me in either case (whether I'm in North Devon or up in Coven near Wolverhampton) but they are carefull and explain whats right and wrong with the car, if anything.

When I bought the car I had my cam belt and tensoners done with a full service. Its something I always will get done first and formost as I'd rather pay it out and know its working rather than have it snap or something as the previous owner said it was done at xxxxx miles... Piece of mind for me