Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Baily Motorsport dump valve????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2006, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Baily Motorsport dump valve????

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a Bailymotorsport dump valve for my 04 reg WRX. I was just wondering if anyone has used one and if they reccommend them or some thing else. I thought about buying a HKS blow off valve but do not know if they are worth the extra money. I also thought about a Forge dump valve but do not know the plus or minus points about them. Ultimately I am after one which sounds good and does the job that it is designed for but do not know much about all of the different ones. Also, I am told that they are easy to fit and just wondered how long that they will take to fit.

Any ideas would be grately apreciated.

Cheers guys (and girls).
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2006, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

could not tell you any technicalities but i've seen a fair few baileys VTA's for sale second hand, or advertised as 'nearly new'. don't know about you, and perhaps i'm barking up the wrong tree, but this does not seem to give them a positive look (in my opinion).
i bought a forge VTA as it seemed to be well made. quiet around town and a whoosh when over 3000revs. however it does sometimes sound a bit like someone sneezing!
Old 13 Feb 2006, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

I've got a baileys dump valve on my classic.... my m8 put it on about 2 years ago when he owned the car, i've had the car about 5 months now and aint had any trouble with it as yet famous last words, now something is bound to go wrong

sounds alright and not to loud, but still loud enough for people to turn and look when i change gear or ease off on the gas

can't add to that really....hope it helps
Old 17 Feb 2006, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Thanks for your help. I might give the Baily item a go
Old 17 Feb 2006, 10:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
mal
Senior Scooby

be nice to now how you get on, let us know m8
Old 26 Mar 2006, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi john, the bailey bov is ok if you dont want to waste alot of money on something that just makes a noise, but in my opinion if you want a good quality well made Blow Off Valve, that give a nice loud crisp whooosh!!! then spend the extra. I have a Turbosmart Supersonic valve very well made and nice sound, GFB (Go Fast Bits) do a similar well made twin trumpet valve thats a little cheaper than the Turbosmart and same great sound.
I no some ppl will disagree but i think Baliey, Forge, Lemans are a little weak.
Old 04 Apr 2006, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

I have just sold a bailey dump valve last night, it was only on the classic 3 weeks, it did sound ok ,but i just prefere the standard valve and it does seem better with that on
Old 08 Apr 2006, 06:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to sealion127
i had a baileys motorsport D.V on my bug eye, there ok but i found that it drank the fuel even more with it on. and sometimes when i stuck my foot down on the motorway the CEL light would come on for a second and go out, the dump valve was on the car for a week and then up for sale.

each to there own....but i wouldnt bother if i were you. IMHO of course
Old 23 Feb 2008, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

can anyone help? just bought an impreza and it's come with a baileys dump valve on... hate the sound and want to put the standard plastic one back on... which i've been supplied with but obviously this has 2 large hose points which the baileys doesn't... where does the other hose connection go!? cheers!!