Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Eibach lowering springs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jan 2006, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Eibach lowering springs

Hi all if i fit these springs to a classic v3 sti how much will it lower from standard springs and how will it effect ride quality. Looking on scoobyparts they say about 5-10mm as anybody else got these fitted .

Steve
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2006, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Hi steve

Quote: from a guy with Eibach Lowering Springs

The difference wasn't huge, but it definitely reduced the amount of body roll and settled the rear down. When accelerating out of corners, the rear used to feel like it was about to let go (I guess it was just the suspension compressing), but now it doesn't squat as much and feels a lot more firmer.

Old 08 Jan 2006, 05:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Hi mate ruled out eibach because of the minimal amount of drop though this may suit you i dont know,but i fitted spax -35mm lowering springs to a mates classic running 18`s and the ride was probably the best balance with std shocks ive come across handled mint but still comfy and they were loads cheaper than the eibachs not knocking them coz theyre decent springs-mr wid on here owns the car now if you want to see how much lower the car was check out the silver classic on the main site (latest desktop 2)springs were bought from here http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ absolutely mint place to deal with.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Cheers for that ,,, uk dave the silver classic looks spot on i will look into the spax.

Also your classic looks mint I have the same wheels on my black sti, What suspention are you running on yours as it looks very low

Cheers Steve
Old 08 Jan 2006, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Sponsor
Paid & Proud

the Eibacks will only lower an STi by around 5-10mm (if at all) due to the lower std ride height of sti's..........................

on std classics they normally run around 30mm................

best spring combo ob the market by far because they are a true "progressive" spring and it is this quality your paying for................

alyn
Old 09 Jan 2006, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
got a koni sportkit on it 40mm lower on 18`s with top adjustable inserts(very fiddly to fit)well pleased with ride height/handling though-want coilovers eventually though will stick with koni though i think as soon as they do them.