Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Forge re circulating valve

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Nov 2005, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Forge re circulating valve

Has anyone any experience of these as I am running slightly more boost now @ 1.27 bar or about 18psi - I've looked on the Forge web site http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...duct=FMDVSU110 about the tuning kit and assumed I would need the yellow spring for 15 - 23psi however when I phoned them they said its already fitted with the blue spring 23psi + (about 1.5 bar) and I may need to fit shims or the red spring if I'm increasing boost. No running problems I can mention as it dumps pretty much ok but seems almost to hold too much boost. All I can say is I am confussed even more after speaking to them and I wondered if anyone else had similar experiance??
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2005, 11:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Hi mate

The Forge recirculating dump valve is IMHO one of the best recircs on the market. It does exactly what it says on the tin and as you have mentioned can be altered by changing the spring tension and or adding shims.

If you have a Forge Dump Valve then you can do like I did and contact them for the upgrade kit. This consists of various coloured springs and a number of shims. Now when I had a Scoob I ran with the Red Spring fitted and for me the car ran perfectly. The blue and red are the hardest springs available and the Yellow and Green are the weakest(the red being the herdest and the Green being the weakest IIRC). The best thing to do is listen for at what pressure the dump valve releases the excess pressure. If it takes a lot of boost to get the d/v to open then you need a softer spring. Likewise if you hear the d/v vent the pressure to early then best to change to a stronger spring or add a shim or 2.

Check out Forge Motorsports website cos the adjustment kit is shown on there.

I hoep this helps.
Old 17 Nov 2005, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

and just to add when I had my MY99 UK Scoob with PPP I was using the Forge with the red spring fitted and had no problems at all.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

I am running similar boost (1.3Bar) and have the Forge Re-circ fitted. It has the original spring still in place and it works perfectly.