Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

lower temp opening thrermostat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Sep 2005, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

lower temp opening thrermostat

another Q :roll: anyone know if ther is an uprated reliable thermostat in existance, i have already went through two standard ones because they keep staying shut, last time the radiator blew at plastic and temp gauge rocketed.
right now i am running car with no thermostat and the gauge barely rises but winter is here and its just as cold in the car (the heaters are crap)
please help :cry:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2005, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Re: lower temp opening thrermostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaroo
another Q :roll: anyone know if ther is an uprated reliable thermostat in existance, i have already went through two standard ones because they keep staying shut, last time the radiator blew at plastic and temp gauge rocketed.
right now i am running car with no thermostat and the gauge barely rises but winter is here and its just as cold in the car (the heaters are cr@p)
Not heard of that problem before :?:

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 21 Oct 2005, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Re: lower temp opening thrermostat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUK300
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaroo
right now i am running car with no thermostat and the gauge barely rises but winter is here and its just as cold in the car (the heaters are cr@p)
Not heard of that problem before :?:
I have my rad got a hairline crack on the elbow at top hose on left looking down, had it repaired twice and leaked agai .
Only solution was to loosen filler cap to reliev pressure make sure you secure cap in case it comes loose.
My sympathy scoobaroo, solution is new rad but this will surfise for now.this happened after i got new timing belt fitted?/
Subaru forrester turbo
Old 21 Oct 2005, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Saw this ad on MashaMota website for uprated thermostate , don't know it this helps you but here it is .

K-one Thermostat subaru impreza
Genuine K-One thermostat (produced by arc) to suit gc8 impreza . Valve opening at 68-degree For shipping costs please email us your full shipping address including Zip / Post code and a contact telephone number.

http://www.mashamoto.co.uk/ckshop.php
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k-one_arc_thermostat_th_372.jpg (1.5 KB, 18 views)