Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Oil Pressure light issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Dec 2022, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Oil Pressure light issue

Last night the oil pressure light came on in our 2012 base model Impreza Sedan. Pulled over, let car sit about 5 min & checked oil. Nothing showed on dipstick. I added what oil I had in trunk (about 3/4 of a quart) and let car sit another 5 min. Oil was 1/2 way up the dipstick. Started returning home (about 6 1/2 miles drive) and the oil pressure light stayed on, until about 1/4 mile from house, then was off. Was about 13deg F outside if that matters.

Should I be worried regarding that delay? I guessed the oil level was just below the tip of the dipstick based on the level I got after I put more roil in.

I know the TP warning light takes about a mile or so to reset once the tires are properly inflated.

I will never buy another car that doesn't have full guages (oil pressure, engine coolan temp, etc.) again, it used to be the norm.

I'm all ears. Thanks for any info.
Offline   Reply With Quote