Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Impress build help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Oct 2014, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Impress build help

Hi everyone, just joined and there alot if not to much information to really grasp and also quite alot of different opinions out there. I'm after some advice/help as I've just brought a 99 impreza, the body is trash but it has a ej22 single cam motor forged running at eaton m90 supercharger, alot of money and time has gone into the inlet manifold and setup etc, it has brand new coil overs semi slicks and alot of upgrades like a rs gearbox. I brought it cheap I believe, and I found a 97 impreza awd 2.0, the body is really good paint great and interior in much better condition than the one I have now since it was kind of made just for track purpose only, I want to use it on the street, I have looked for a wrx but can't find any with dud motors etc for me to switch over all the goodies in the supercharger one for a decent price, is the diff in the impreza good enough? I'm a mechanic and have a shop so I can't do it all myself which won't be a problem but so far when it comes to modify cars I've in the past done holden v8's and sr20 builds but never touched on subarus, aparently the ej22 is good for 350hp currently I'm having issues with it as it seems quite flat it's boosting but not goin well at all seems like 130hp ATM still need to figure this out. Basically I need to know if I'm wasting my time to switch it all over into a (97 impreza)better body, aparently the motor when tuned right goes hard. I would hate to so it all just to be better off buying a 98-99 sti for the price you know. The impreza has drum rear end, other than that any other real differences?
Much appreciate Thankyou
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2014, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Re: Impress build help

supercharged? any pics?