Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

Nuts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2011, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Nuts

Silly question, do I need to buy new wheel nuts to fit my new alloys ?
Just tried one of the wheels and looks like I need a deeper nut to secure the wheel in place.
Cheers
Old 28 Jun 2011, 07:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Re: Nuts

Aha ! Just found tuner nuts, not seen these before. Need to measure up and get the right ones
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

what wheels ya got?

M12 x 1.25,got black ones on my inovits same as these :- http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/Su...cessories.html

Last edited by The Pilot; 28 Jun 2011 at 08:24 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2011, 08:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Hi Ed,
I've got a set of BK Alloys, I have a feeling they are a universal wheel with multiple combinations of holes for various cars. The hole for the nuts is about 20mm and looks like I'll need a nut with a depth of about 30mm. Looks like tuners are the only nut that will fit.
When I bought them I did ask if the standard nut will fit and I was told they would. A bit gutted really because I've spent ages in the garage polishing these inside and out.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

very rare for the O/E nuts to aftermarket rims bud,the nuts at the top of the page are mine40 mm long and just stick out a bit,look sweet though
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Yeah certainly do, I'm going for the blue ones gotta keep the theme running through the car. Will have blue calipers and brake hoses too.
Gotta get my order in now and get a tyre fitted to one of the wheels after a blow out
Had fun today when I found my trolley jack doesn't fit under my car. Had to get a scissor jack to lift it up to get the trolley under
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

ideal ,time we had some more pics up bud
ouch nothin worse than a blow out...
i got myself a new trolley jack for my birthday after my old faithfull gave up the ghost after 21 years of service

got meself one of these little beasties :- 2.25 Ton Low Profile Mul.fun Hydraulic Trolley Car Jack | eBay UK
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

That would slip under my car nicely. I'll get some more pics up after this weekend, I've got a bit of time for the next couple of weeks so should get a few jobs finished.
Been oiling the rear bumper bolts for a couple of weeks, don't think they've been off since the car was built and are welded in place
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

bit of a bargin tbh,the LED is ideal for under the motor,can see where your jacking then

good man

those bloody things are a right arse,bit of heat and then use a nice long breaker bar
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Just thinking of the heat comment and remembered when I set fire to a volvo welding some new sill on.
It was truly a pant filling moment when it went up.
also remembered when a guy I was working with caught the arm of a spot welder on the petrol tank of a Metro. BANG !!
Old 28 Jun 2011, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

best thing for a volvo,try having to weld a plate on a subframe mount(to strengthen) on a moggy minor that had been restored only to find that some complete turd had GLUED the entire carpet(no underlay) to the floor and covered the whole underside in,what i can only describe as tar!!!...that a was feking mare of a job!!

Spot welder 1 metro 0 = result
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

What a complete shatbrain, gluing a fekkin carpet down ??
I did have some fun in the bodyshop, nothing like filling a latex glove with oxy-acetylene then making a fuse out of masking tape dipped in thinners.... Light it and run ..... It shakes the rafters !
Another good trick was to fill headlights with oxy-acetylene and then turn them on
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

exactly,was Dick Francis's granddaughters car..obviously cut corners that year due to poor book sales
the oxy gloves,not done that in years
never did oxy headlamps but did oxy cibbie oscars lmfao
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Ahh good times. Sitting in bed giggling to myself now.
Old 28 Jun 2011, 10:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Nearly forgot to tell you I'm making silicone brackets up to hold the bonnet scoop in place. The 04 scoop really wasnt designed to go on the classic