Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza Technical Area > Technical General

Subaru Impreza Forum

First dyno day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Talking First dyno day

Alright guys,

Had my 54 WRX Wagon on the dyno at Wallace performance in Aberdeen today. Had a good result.....282.6bhp and 264.2 lbft

Has me a tad confused though because as far as I'm aware all it has had done is a full decatted exhaust system from the turbo back and a cotton panel filter. I didnt think it had been remapped but with this sort of figures Im not so sure now.

I was planning on having a ecutek remap done but I'm not sure if this is going to be waste of money now.

What's your thoughts??

Cheers
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2011, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
hjs
Fresh Scooby

Re: First dyno day

Sounds like a result! Would've thought that without a remap it would be struggling so sounds like it has been done. That'll mean you've got the Ecutek licence so if you do need it re-doing it should be cheaper
Old 28 May 2011, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

What does the license look like cos mine was done few weeks after car was bought from new by last owner
Old 28 May 2011, 10:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Scooby

How would th mapping techs know because I have no docs regarding any kind of mapping?
Old 29 May 2011, 04:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Scooby

I have attached the dyno report. Regarding the ecutek remap i take it the mappers can tell if i havethe licence when they connect to my ecu?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dyno Info 1.zip (175.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 29 May 2011, 06:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hey grinch6301

just as i was saying the other day at the rolling road the figures show that the wagon has had a remap and if you do and have the license then the next time you go it wont cost the earth and should be around 200 mark

I know the other day when i got mine remapped by Andy Forrest he said the next time it would only cost me 190 for my next mapping session and i didn't get any sort of certificate with my just a receipt with my one and a dyno chart to prove the figures

A few little mods would see that go up to 300+ if you was going to i would use Andy Forrest i know it a bit down the road from you but worth the traveling and you will get a dyno on the road rather than on a set of rollers and would get a better figure for bhp Have a look on his web page there u will fined what you need before you get it remapped again

Matty
Old 29 May 2011, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Scooby

Alright Matty,

I'm going to have a think about what i want to do with the motor, dont want to remap it again just for the sake of it so will have a look into what my options are. Dont want to spend crazy money on the thing if im going to change it for a STi in a year or so.

Been checking out some gauges online after seeing yours yesterday, never realised how much the things cost. the wages are easy spent lol

Cheers

Kev
Old 29 May 2011, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

[QUOTE=grinch6301;408718]Alright Matty,

I'm going to have a think about what i want to do with the motor, dont want to remap it again just for the sake of it so will have a look into what my options are. Dont want to spend crazy money on the thing if im going to change it for a STi in a year or so.

Been checking out some gauges online after seeing yours yesterday, never realised how much the things cost. the wages are easy spent lol

Cheers

Kev

I know the feeling Kev i dont know if i want to go to 400bhp now as its not far off 350bhp and can get that with just changing the fuel in it its alot of cash to spend on a new turbo,headers and an up pipe i will have a think about it after the summer lol the gauges on my dash are nice touch in the car and as u said gets rid o that clock but it u do go for them mine and get the pod with clips on it so there is no need for glue as there are few out there that are a shit fit and require glue but if you go on to somewhere like Scoobyworld Ltd. Subaru Impreza Performance parts, Impreza tuning, Impreza Remaps, Subaru engine builds Subaru Impreza servicing you will get the pod and gauges and sensors for a round 300 this is what i wish i had done they are easy to fit iam sure you could fit them