Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Bob mumbling on

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jun 2005, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Bob mumbling on

Sometimes I wonder why I spend so much money and time on high performance motors. As most of you will know I am having a few problems with the engine in the Type R at the moment. Iím thinking I will be spending about another £8000 to get the motor looking and performing to what I would like. I have about £5 or £6 grands worth of extras on the thing already so why spend so much on a car that only really worth £10-12 Grand I ask myself. To be honest I cannot really answer this. Its just stupidity most would say. I did think about scrapping the Type R and buying another new Scoob but would have to spend another fortune doing that up. Besides I have always loved the classics and although the new models are growing on me I would still rather have a classic.
I have bought a £200 Rover Si taxed years a MOT it drives very well and can hit about 110 mph. It also only holds £30 worth of cheap fuel and does twice as much to the gallon as the Scoob. It is quiet and comfortable. So why do I still yearn for the Scoob? I think it is a combination of things. The power it puts out. The grip it gives on cornering. The looks I get from people as I go by and most of all the clubs I have joined and friends I have met and meets I go too. What else would I do with my money and time but sit in the pub. (yea that sounds ok)
There is nothing like changing the Scoob for another car (as I have done 5 times) then after a bit go back to the Scoob and you realize what you have been missing.
I think I will keep the Rover for running around and the Scoob for best as so to speak.
In the end I will save money by not chopping and changing cars so often. I think it will help me appreciate the Scoob a bit more.
Sorry for going on about nothing really but as itís so quiet on the forums I thought I would mumble on and give you something to read.
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2005, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Have driven more than a few cars in the last 30 odd years and not much hits the spot as much as my WRX - the only one that came close was 4.0ltr Soarer which was very different but very good in its own way - just that 8mpg was a wee bit expensive!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
I think you have done the right thing Bob, if you are happy with it, then keep it :wink:

Buzz
Old 21 Jun 2005, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby
Paid & Proud

Bob, If you still enjoy it keep it

You can not take your money with you.......... spend spend spend

http://www.scoobyweb.co.uk
Old 21 Jun 2005, 07:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to cat17
I know where you're coming from Bob - having the same thoughts myself - was seriously thinking of selling the Cat just recently, mainly because we don't use it as the main car, it's just purely a weekend & meets car. Seems such a waste sitting there in the drive, being too frightened to take it places in case someone puts a dink in the door or scratches or even worse tries to nick it. I was thinking someone else would appreciate it a lot more than me so was thinking of letting it go. At the mo we have decided to keep it seeing as we've just forked out on a major service (cam belt change etc etc) so for at least another year she's staying put! The awful thing would be to sell it and then want another one after - I know I'd not get another one like this!

sorry to go on.........................
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

come racing with me bob :twisted:

and your alway rambling on
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Obsessed Scooby

Send a message via AIM to Phill-type-R Send a message via MSN to Phill-type-R Send a message via Yahoo to Phill-type-R
I look at it this way also, if it aint broke, dont fix it - meaning, if you like something why change it?

I dont look back buy the Type R at all, the fuel is expensive and so on, but who cares if everytime you get in the car, it puts a smile on your face?

Personal choice is what it comes down to in my opinion. some like, others hate. Just do what YOU wanna do!
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to triplezoney
to be honest... I'd pay anything to fix mine if anything went wrong
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Cat17 I have sold 4 scoobs and bought something differant only to want a scoob back again within the month. Don't sale hold on to it. :wink:
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
bob
Senior Scooby
Paid & Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poxy
come racing with me bob :twisted:

and your alway rambling on
I would love to go racing Paul but my health would not allow it. I have slowed down in my old age and only give the car a blast now and then. :wink: :evil: I still drive it faster than the average but not mentally like I use to.

and I do not always ramble on watch what you say or you will have another bully boy after you. :wink:
Old 22 Jun 2005, 02:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

well at least you cant sack me for nothing

ok then bob you can be tea boy :wink: :wink: :wink:

you can afford the money bob :wink:
Old 23 Jun 2005, 05:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Young Scooby

I've only had my car for 4/5 weeks and I just love the feeling I get when I've had a crap day at work and I get in the car and just seem to forget about the day. Plus I love that feeling of people looking around when they hear that lovely engine noise coming by.

I can imagine it being a very hard decision to sell one of these. The chap I bought mine off looked gutted as I drove off with his pride and joy.