Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Impreza or regular 4x4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2011, 10:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Impreza or regular 4x4

I know most guys here will be a bit biased but i'm looking for an honest answer.

I am looking to replace my 2007 Vectra diesel for something that would be better in the snow - having had a Civic Type-R in the past i miss the fun side of driving and thought an impreza might do both jobs !!

What are your impreza's like in the snow in standard form ? (i'm looking at a 2006 WRX Type uk)

If a scooby isn't going to be suitable in the snow for myself, missus AND new baby then i'm going to have to head down the SUV route
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2011, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Re: Impreza or regular 4x4

Impreza and snow works fella
Old 23 Jan 2011, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Scooby

A impreza wagon would prob be better, for the babies pushchair n accessories, if you want bigger, you could always look into a subaru legacy twin turbo. You still get the nice subaru exhaust burble and 4wd...
Old 23 Jan 2011, 10:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Scooby Fanatic

Bit of a biased opinion from me but if you buy a SUV you'll always wished you'd bought a Subaru! Ive got a young family and our buggy fits in the boot fine. Its a tiny bit smaller than my old Mondeo in the back when you get child seats in. My wife's been driving the Subaru in preference to our Megane this winter.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

for how often we get proper snow you wont need a 4x4 as a Impreza will get you thru,
a AWD Impreza is fun the whole year round not just when it snows,
so for me its a easy choice lol
Old 23 Jan 2011, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

3 kids under the age of 7 and daily drive is an Impreza... but I do like the idea of the Legacy twin, drove a single and that was a right giggle... Get the Imnpreza!!!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

I've made an enquiry about a WRX today - just waiting on the garage getting back to me.

How do you find the servicing/repair costs ?
Old 23 Jan 2011, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Um. So far as I am aware, on a UK model they are reasonable for a big old car. My Jap Import is far more expensive than my friend's UK STi... But then once you've got one, you can usually find a fellow enthusiast who can help you out with most things just be careful about the garage you pick for work you can't/won't do yourself.. Also depends on whether you have a standard car as oppose to modified, if you're worried about cost though, this may not be the car for you. A year down the road and I feel like all my spare cash goes on the car, which it probably does but we have found it a really rewarding hobby. I dunno if that helps at all!