Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

60000 mile service tday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2005, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Send a message via MSN to BIG GRINDER!
60000 mile service tday

Hi
Did most of my 60K sevrice today. Just got brake fluid change and screen wash fluid 2 do Going to do the latter now before top gear 8)

It has cost me 183.09 up to now and say 5 for brake fluid. Subaru wanted 420.
Upgrade Air filter cost nearly 50

However it did take me 6 hours :roll: and those spark plugs are a tw#t :shock:

All done now thanks for all your posts Guys and Girl they did help

Kev
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2005, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

well done m8 - 500 they wanted about 2.5 years ago :P prices have come down a LITTLE but still fair play for sorting yourself... great satisfaction too 8)
Old 29 May 2005, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
plugs arent that bad when you get used to em just have to move washer bottle when ya do it-tho mines got induction kit so dont need to remove airbox aswell, reckon it took about 40 mins tops last time i did em.
Old 30 May 2005, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator
Paid & Proud

Well done Kev nice one mate 8)

Old 30 May 2005, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk dave
plugs arent that bad when you get used to em just have to move washer bottle when ya do it-tho mines got induction kit so dont need to remove airbox aswell, reckon it took about 40 mins tops last time i did em.
Hi
Yes is had to take the washer bottle out and my standard air filter to get at the plugs. The two plugs near the front of the car are the easiest. There is very little clearance between the bodywork for the other two. Full Subaru service history till yesterday and they had scraped the paint getting the f##kers out ops:
I replaced the standard air filter with an MRT one
40 mins to do next time
Kev
Old 30 May 2005, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
Trust me worst job ive done yet is putting 6x9`s in rear shelves(twice-got roped in to doin a mates after id done mine)
Put blitz irridium plugs in mine so wont be changing them for a while hopefully anyway. think generally scoobys are easy to service tho.(took it elsewhere for the cambelt tho dint fancy doin that)
Old 01 Jun 2005, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

60,000 service

hi big grinder..my baby got 57.000 phoned local scooby dealer wants 400...thinking of doing myself..but aint got a clue what they change..any info greatfull...how bad are plugs to do/ any special tools needed...thanks mike
Old 01 Jun 2005, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

Re: 60,000 service

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepic
hi big grinder..my baby got 57.000 phoned local scooby dealer wants 400...thinking of doing myself..but aint got a clue what they change..any info greatfull...how bad are plugs to do/ any special tools needed...thanks mike
Hi Plugs aint that bad. You will need to take the washer bottle out and the Air filter box. Good idea to use all your screen wash fluid first
I didnt completly discon' the washer bottle. Just removed the feed to the screen and dis con the pump power then sat the thing on the engine, pi##ing water in my pit :shock: Trying to avoid all the electrics
I used average socket set from Haldfords. It did get a bit close to the bodywork at times. Bought a torque wrench for screwfix for 12.49 and would never have got the plugs out of the rear diff oil without it :shock: 18 inch arm

Also need a 21mm socket for my gearbox oil. Thats only in my kit from a Peugeot I had :shock: It was very good for putting everthing back together

It did take me 6 hours but I recon only 3 next time.

Kev.