Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

New Motor HELP NEEDED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2005, 08:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via MSN to warrenjenkins Send a message via Yahoo to warrenjenkins
New Motor HELP NEEDED

Guys and Gals your help needed if you were to buy a new scooby what would it be my current scoob
2001 classic 5door
ppp
prodrive suspension and lowered
ebc brake conversion
prodrive 17" alloys
would be very grateful with your comments having only owned this fine bit of machine since feb05
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2005, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to buzz
hi warren, its horses for courses mate, if you want the practicality of the 5 door (which I do miss) Still like the shape, or the 4 door.
PPP has given you the extra umph,and there are some nice mods on uit too, and If it was me and I was happy with it I would stick with it

hth

Buzz
Old 23 May 2005, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Send a message via MSN to warrenjenkins Send a message via Yahoo to warrenjenkins
Hi Buzz i was just wondering and wanted feedback if i was able to purchase a new motor what would everyone go for,when i bought the car i was impressed with the performance and the colour etc i recently booked the car into CVC cos i thought it lost performance but it was me i got use to the car and its torque i thought it lacked a bit have you ever experienced that buzz (or is it just me )
Old 23 May 2005, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
wouldnt buy a new scooby if i had that sort of money would probably buy an evo 6(sorry chaps) +spend money on it,my next car will either be a sti type-r or a tvr cerbera very different cars i know but if i were gonna get rid of mine me next car would have to be guaranteed to blow me away performance wise,i read thread after thread on various scooby forums about the new cars not having the classics rough raw feel about them and being slightly err boring to drive,also got 2 mates with 53plate sti`s that reckon the handlings well errr average and ones got prodrive lowered springs on-i know this doesnt help your decision mate just giving my opinion(sorry to any owners of later scoobs not slating the owners just that any of the later shapes dont appeal to me)cue no replies to any of my posts in future lol
Old 23 May 2005, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

i was looking on mitisubushi web tonite and for dont quote me i think 27k the evo 8 FQ320/340 is far better also they done a report on the new fq400 at 47k, and the fq340 was a far better motor and a saving of 20kthey said on the 400 its got loads of lag so any of u'ssssss out there thinking about the 400 dont bother have the 340 instead
Old 23 May 2005, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

here's the facts

http://www.lancerregister.com/art_fq400report.php
Old 23 May 2005, 09:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Its a free world guys, I am well happy with my 03 STi :wink:

Buzz
Old 23 May 2005, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

did you buy it new buzz??????????????? if you dont mind me being personnel what did you pay for it m8
Old 23 May 2005, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
would have actually bought an evo over the classic scooby if there were a closer comparison in price for an equivalent year car- first evo 6 i went in left me thinkin one day.......maybe-but from a more cost effective point of view the scoobys in general are good value thats why i bought one.Resale value dont bother me ive lost thousands already on other cars moddin them (goes with the territory) if you want to be individual.(ish)
Old 23 May 2005, 10:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

not worried about the money i think everyone has lost thousand over the years on there cars (only the dealers/traders can make disgusting amounts of money) of the buyers,i was just wondering if i was to buy new wether its a scoob or evo what would be more cost effective this is my view
SCOOBY
STI with free prodrive upgrade 26-30k 310bhp
ORRRRRRR
EVO
FQ340 28-32K 340bhp
Old 23 May 2005, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

Send a message via MSN to triplezoney
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenjenkins
not worried about the money i think everyone has lost thousand over the years on there cars (only the dealers/traders can make disgusting amounts of money) of the buyers,i was just wondering if i was to buy new wether its a scoob or evo what would be more cost effective this is my view
SCOOBY
STI with free prodrive upgrade 26-30k 310bhp
ORRRRRRR
EVO
FQ340 28-32K 340bhp
Buy the both, then you can compare :wink: :wink:
Old 24 May 2005, 10:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via MSN to sealion127
go out and buy this weeks autocar mag....group test on sti scooby, evo 340 9, v6 clio and nissan 350z.......they slag the mitsi off...but each to there own.

chris
Old 24 May 2005, 08:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

sorry for late reply warren, bought it a year ago paid 21k with 8k on the clock and mint, previous owner drove it in his slippers!

Buzz
Old 24 May 2005, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dedicated Scooby

I personally love the rawness of a Classic Impreza and IMHO its still the nicest shape. If I had to own one now it would be the STI Version 5 Type R WRC V-Ltd like Bob and FMS have on here. I'd get the car remapped so I don't have the worry about import Impreza and UK fuel. Awesome piece of kit and with the Type R's you get the Group N Gearbox and Clutch and DCCD.... 8)

I have driven an STI8 with PPP and whilst I was very impressed with the performance and ride it did feel almost to refined for my liking (kinda like a BMW would feel like) - I can remember feeling well impressed by the power delivery and then climbing back into my classic it felt quite unrefined more basic. However as I drove mine away I can remember thinking to myself how much more raw it felt almost more like a rally decendant... I felt more at home in the Classic. All IMHO of course

As you are no doubt aware I now have an Evo6 8)
Old 25 May 2005, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

what would say 24k get you nelson ?
EVO or SCOOBY
im in 2 minds as this is my only scooby ive had dont know wether to stay with the scoobys or try the evo ???????????????