Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

All Things Bad Come In 3's!!! I just had the 3rd!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2005, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

All Things Bad Come In 3's!!! I just had the 3rd!!!

Guys,

I am pretty upset and pi$$ed off right now, so I appologise to all now before you read this post!!! :wink:

As you may / may not know I hit a badger the other day. I hate killing anything and although I was peed at the time, I wasn't too worried about the Scoob as I knew the bumper, indicator and washer jet could be repaired.

I picked up my Scoob this morning (as it had been serviced Friday) and later this afternoon (on the way to my Nan's) it started overboosting!!! :evil: I knew straight away what it was (as it had happened before!!! They had put too much oil in and it had clogged the waste gate!!! We got to my Nan's and sure enough the oil level was way over the max mark!!! Nothing I could do today, so a bit gutted and annoyed we went into my Nan's house (my mind now on other things!!!).

An hour or so had passed and now bored do death, we said our goodbyes and walked outside, only to find the car was no longer where I left it!!! :shock:

I quickly ran to the end of the drive only to realise I had forgot to put the handbrake on and the fcuking thing had rolled (bear in mind it was a flat surface) down the car park and into a brick shed!!! :roll: :cry:

http://www.rbperformancedesigns.co.u.../lights_in.gif
http://www.rbperformancedesigns.co.u...ght_damage.gif
http://www.rbperformancedesigns.co.u...per_damage.gif
http://www.rbperformancedesigns.co.u...ts_removed.gif

I was and still am completely gutted!!! :cry:

So now got to rebuild the Scoob on a minimal budget!!! Broke is an understatement and any help you guys can give will be much appreciated. :wink:

Basically I want to do the following (as it's gonna cost money anyway):

1) Put a P1 bumper back on.
2) Replace both headlights - Morette style or the later classic style.
3) Clear Indicators for P1 Bumper
4) New Sidlights
5) New bonnet - possibly carbon fibre

I would love to buy all these new, but can't afford to even at the trade price I can get them, so they are gonna have to be second hand. :wink:

If you know of these items anywhere please let me know. 8)

Cheers guys and gals,

(an upset and embarrassed) Rich :roll: :cry:
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2005, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

hey rich - sad day but we all have been there at some point!

May i suggest a very good dealer of second hand parts GradeA-subaru.co.uk .......... Plenty of good comment scoming from these guys.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 22 May 2005, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to uk dave
dont worry about it rich mate soon after id bought mine about a yr and a half ago i thought id show off a bit with mine pulled out of a car park on a town centre one way system where we hang out caught up with a hyundai coupe-guy in front of him decides to pull out into the right lane without indicating guy in hyundai brakes to miss him dave clips back of hyundai in front of about 20 mates(not cool) !!!! cracked me bumper, smashed headlamp washer and driving lamp,pushed headlight bk a couple of inch,no panel damage though.Anyway mate this place might b able to help ya with some bits
http://www.cityautosalvage.co.uk/
Old 22 May 2005, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Cheers Gareth and Dave!!! 8)

I think I have a slightly damaged P1 bumper (that can be easily repaired, unlike mine!!!), just waiting on a price. :wink:

I'm gonna have a scan on eBay for some of the items and will try the guys you suggested on Monday when I have a spare 5 mins!!! :?

Sorry guys, I don't feel like smiling today (which is very unusual for me!!!).

Just feel sad.

RB :cry:
Old 22 May 2005, 09:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

ffs sorry to hear that mate hope everything works out fine

all the best Steady
Old 22 May 2005, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Scooby

Send a message via MSN to mr freeze
:shock: :shock: sorry to hear that rich mate , & remind me if your that lucky never to get

a lift off you mate ...............