Go Back   Subaru Impreza Forum - WRX STI Rally Performance Tuning > Subaru Impreza General > Subaru Impreza Discussions

Subaru Impreza Forum

Overheating Problem WRX STI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Send a message via Skype™ to carwisperer
Re: Overheating Problem WRX STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymike79 View Post
If its a genuine Version 3 STI shouldn't it be running a VF23 or if it's a JDM non-STI a VF22 as standard?
ye possible mate,im just taking it that he is running the same as me from what ive read so i gave that statement but you could be right :/
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwisperer View Post
doesnt make you div mate,if you turn the ignition on are you getting the pump noise?
lol. cheers mate! I feel like one sometimes though!!

Quote:
you need quiet around you for this so you do hear it mate and if it is making a noise then id take off the fuel line on the top of your fuel filter under the bonnet and see if you get a delivery of fuel,if you do then it should start unless theres problem some where else mate if your really stuck ill pm you my number and talk you through it
ah wicked thanks a lot mate!!! i have a mate coming round whose a mechanic, so unless he don't know how to have a look at it, I'll pm you for defo!!!

cheers fella!!!
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
ye possible mate,im just taking it that he is running the same as me from what ive read so i gave that statement but you could be right :/
what scooby you got then mate ??? need to have a look and find out what turbs i actually have !!
Old 20 Oct 2010, 10:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Scooby

This should help identify what model the car is mate - Impreza Applied Model/Engine Codes
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobymike79 View Post
This should help identify what model the car is mate - Impreza Applied Model/Engine Codes
wicked cheers. but does it matter that the fella before me had another engine put in ??
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:02 AM   #36 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemaugey View Post
what scooby you got then mate ??? need to have a look and find out what turbs i actually have !!
i got EJ20 engine mate running TD05 turbo and chip'd my cars classic wagon 1994 do got coil pack on top off engine with long plug leads or the black coil packs with wire on top of each spark plug?
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:05 AM   #37 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
i got EJ20 engine mate running TD05 turbo and chip'd my cars classic wagon 1994 do got coil pack on top off engine with long plug leads or the black coil packs with wire on top of each spark plug?
this is mine....this was taken when we was changing the timing belt, water pump and rad....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00785.JPG (115.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
wicked cheers. but does it matter that the fella before me had another engine put in ??
ye it matters mate as he may not have replaced it with the same..im working on a STI classic now that has the EJ20 engine recently fitted and it wasnt before cant remember what engine code he had in it before though..ill ask as i have to fit neww crank sensor and lambda sensor tomorrow,his runs like sh** lol
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
this is mine....this was taken when we was changing the timing belt, water pump and rad....
ye you got single coil pack and leads and your running to lambda sensors i see!you sure its EJ20 code just under the alternator it will say on the block!looks sti to me and cant see greatly but your turbo looks bigger than TD04
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
ye you got single coil pack and leads and your running to lambda sensors i see!you sure its EJ20 code just under the alternator it will say on the block!looks sti to me and cant see greatly but your turbo looks bigger than TD04
yeah Im positive on the code, it says EJ20 on the engine, I'll take a pic...i have a receipt for the engine, but get this, the invoice for the engine is from mrengine.net, which I have heard and read they are or were a bunch of cowboys, supplying engines that were blowing gaskets after only 6 months....tried calling the number on the invoice, no luck, and the website is no longer running....seems a bit iffy to me aye ???
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

just a few more pics ???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00782.JPG (111.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00784.JPG (97.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00786.JPG (111.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 20 Oct 2010, 11:30 AM   #42 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

Quote:
yeah Im positive on the code, it says EJ20 on the engine, I'll take a pic...i have a receipt for the engine, but get this, the invoice for the engine is from mrengine.net, which I have heard and read they are or were a bunch of cowboys, supplying engines that were blowing gaskets after only 6 months....tried calling the number on the invoice, no luck, and the website is no longer running....seems a bit iffy to me aye ???
lol ye seems bit odd :/ some people eh??!! have a look at the turbo when you can and see what that says mate and i will pm you my number now,if you visit scoobyprojects site there is a identifying system he has on there if you put your reg in it will give you your engine codes etc from factory so youl know if the engine is different then
Old 20 Oct 2010, 12:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Regular Scooby

Quote:
lol ye seems bit odd :/ some people eh??!! have a look at the turbo when you can and see what that says mate and i will pm you my number now,if you visit scoobyprojects site there is a identifying system he has on there if you put your reg in it will give you your engine codes etc from factory so youl know if the engine is different then
wicked cheers mate !! i'll go onto it now!!
Old 07 Nov 2010, 05:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
Fresh Scooby

Hi all, i am new to this site and i am after some advice please.

I have 97 version 4 sti which i have imported at the start of the year, i have always had a problem of when driven quite hard the th hot air from the heaters dissapears. It returns but only after a while, my friend told me that it would probably be a faulty thermostat.

On sat i replaced the thermostat, only to see that when i removed the stat housing there wasnt a thermostat in there, i put the new stat in and bled the car up. After about 5 mins driving them temp started rising to the top. I eventually got home after stopping and allowing the car to cool down. I removed the thermostat later that night and tested it, the thermostat was solid not moing in or out in boiling and cold water. I have built the stat housing back up as it was before but obviously it is back to how it was.

I have no leaks, no water in oil. All i want is warm air constantly in the cabin, if the stat is missing will the air temp go up and down through the heaters and will a new working stat solve this problem. Also i have read about the top and bottom hoses is the top hose meant to be hot and the bottom cool?

Thanks for your time regards
Old 08 Nov 2010, 10:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
Cool Scooby

the stats been removed due to head gasket issues im afraid. no other reason.